All reviews diner attached manchester airport front desk room was clean mini vacation next morning shuttle service rental car hockey tournament short stay i highly recommend this hotel early flight wake up call park and fly would stay again convenience printer
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Shuttle driver,Zac,was very courteous and knowledgable of area.Hotel service was very good and was an overall good experience.Clean and very comfortable.Me and my wife were very satisfied with our experience here.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I booked this last minute. We had booked it and within an hour I turned up to check in. Room was clean and bed was so comfy. Also the restaurant was great. Food really good and service lovely. I left for an early shuttle in the morning which starts at 4am and costs £3. The chap at reception was really friendly and helpful talking to me as I waited and letting me know what the driver looked like and when it had turned up. I enjoyed my stay here. It made travelling to the airport that much more enjoyable. I would recommend to anyone and definitely do this again myself

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Janis was great!! she went out of her way to help me out. cant say thanks enough. i have stayed here many times and every time it has been great. and they have old school diner connected to the hotel!! thanks again for the wonderful hospitality, Janis. perfect place for flying in and out of manchester airport.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

My family of 4, including two children ages 5 & 7 stayed here for the night as we were passing through on our way to Boston. Check in was a breeze. The front desk agent was extremely friendly and answered all questions we had in a professional way. Our room was absolutely immaculate. We were extremely satisfied with our room. There is an airport diner attached to the hotel. The front desk agent gave us a voucher for both kids to have a free meal at the diner and our breakfast package for the morning included vouchers for my fiancé and I as well as both kids to a free breakfast. We found this extremely convenient since we didn't have to leave the hotel. There is a connecting door to enter the diner right from the lobby way. The diner food was quite bland but for the convenience, it wasn't really an issue.
While my two kids and I were taking a late swim, there was a fire alarm that went off around 10:30pm. We rushed to the lobby still in our bathing suits and soaking wet to be told everybody needed to evacuate. The temperatures outside were around 15* and it was windy. The staff was so kind and gave my two kids each a giant duvet to wrap up in once outside. One staff member also started the shuttle bus and had us sit inside of it with the heat on while we waited for the fire department to arrive. After 15 mins or so, they were given the all clear and we were allowed back in the hotel. I'm assuming it was a false alarm as I asked the front desk lady if there was a fire after the fact and she said no.
The heater in our room did make some loud noises while kicking on and off but nothing too drastic. We all had a wonderful nights sleep!! We would definitely return!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
GM-hie-hi-Manchester, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Hi Savannah A-

Many, many thanks for sharing your positive experience with fellow travelers! We really appreciate your business and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. This hotel is absolutely the best choice for a hassle-free experience from a fast, yet pleasant and informative check in process to excellent amenities, a good night's sleep and a fond farewell in the morning. It can be hard to navigate a city that is unfamiliar, especially in the dark with kids in the car when you're just stopping over before reaching your final destination. We provide everything you need so that once you arrive, you won't need to go out again. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the fire alarm, although the system was doing its job, I understand the inconvenience it placed on you. I am not surprised my staff was able to provide you with a warm alternative rather than standing out on a winter night in bathing suits, they are a proactive team always 'on the ready' to assist each and every guest! Thanks so much for choosing our hotel. We really appreciate it!
Warm Regards,
Danielle Calkins

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Carlos went out of his way to make my stay enjoyable with my kids. He helped me get to places I didn't know how to get to checked times in which stores closed. He gave me ideas for the family. The rooms however were not cleaned properly there was hair in the shower and face clothes were not emptied from the room.

Room Tip: make sure you plan on traveling to different towns
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
DCalkins, General Manager at Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

I am happy Carlos turned what may have been a terrible experience into one that you can still regard as good. I am so sorry that there was miscommunication with our housekeeping staff, I know that I spoke to you at the hotel about this incident, but some guests prefer if there are facecloths left in a certain area that we do not take them, I believe that is what the housekeeper assumed. I will speak with the Executive Housekeeper about possible stay-over procedures and if they need rectifying. Our hotel is the top Holiday Inn in New England, and we take these issues seriously. If we are to stay in that spot, we need to ensure that we take all guest comments to heart and make changes if warranted. Again, I am so sorry that your room cleanliness was not up to your standards, I invite you back to the property soon to see that this was a one time issue and that we can WOW you on your next visit!