All reviews red roof inn race track changed hands packaged muffins waffles race weekend breakfast area several times a year within miles cable tv no elevator complimentary breakfast next morning usual cold items tile toilet pet
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Typical of chain hotels, the room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. The owners do seem to be improving the property, which is good. We had some difficulty when we checked out, my husband's bank debit card was viewed with suspicion because it didn't have his name on it, we tried to explain debit cards don't have names on them and it wasn't a credit card, the money would come right out of his bank account to the hotel, not a pleasant experience so check out took longer than necessary! This is the only place we had this problem when my husband used his debit card.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I stay here several times a year over the past few years. It used to be the Red Roof Inn, until changed hands to Quality Inn. The upgrades are evident as soon as you enter the door with brighter lobby and much, much, larger breakfast area. Breakfast included: scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and all the usual cold items and cereals. The rooms have been completely redone with new carpet, paint, tile, and furniture. It’s obvious they put a lot of money into this hotel.
Well worth the value on this non race weekend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We paid $160 which I thought was high for a Quality Inn but on expedia it had good reviews so I figured it would be ok. The room was TINY and dark. The towels we super small and the toiletries sparse. We only stayed for one night and didn’t spend a lot of time at the hotel so it was fine for what we needed but I wouldn’t pay that much again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Chintu P, Manager at Quality Inn Loudon - Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback to strive to provide a superior experience for our guests in the future.

We would love to host you again sometime for another chance to provide you with a positive experience. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Way over priced. Jacked up prices specifically for race week, which is unfortunate. The ONLY good things were the convenience of the location to the race track, within 10 miles, and the customer service. Complimentary breakfast was disgusting and everything tasted like plastic. Beds are uncomfortable, the cable tv remote didn't work correctly, and the room was smalll. Paid over 1100 for three nights and was expecting something a little more luxurious. Any other time of year we would have spent 300 for 3 nights, which would correlate with the accommodations. Next year we will stay at the track.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stayed here for Memorial weekend. My daughter had a softball tournament in nearby Allenstown and Concord. Overall we were very pleased with our stay. Check in on Friday night was quick and easy. We had a room on the second floor. Travelers should know that there is no elevator. We had a lot of stuff to bring up, but there were three of us so it was okay. Luckily, my husband was there to carry our big cooler up the stairs. If he was not with us, I would have struggled with the cooler. So, if you are unable to carry things up a flight of stairs, you may want to request a first floor room. I also found the stairway area to need a remodel (paint the handrails and baseboards, put on new wall paper and carpeting or somehow deep clean them). It was out first impression of the hotel and it was dingy and dirty looking from wear and tear over the years. Luckily, our room was very nice and very clean, which is exactly what we were hoping for. We had a two queen bedroom and we thought it was a good size. There was a small fridge and microwave, flat screen TV. If a family was staying here for a longer stay (a week), then there was not enough drawer space for more than one person to unpack. That was not a problem for us as we kept clothes in our suitcase. We only saw 1-2 restaurants on the same road as the hotel, but within a 7-8 minute drive there are lots of things. We ordered Chinese take out from a local place on Main St. in Concord the first night and Dominos take out from the same area on the second night. There is also a Wal Mart within 3-4 miles and a mall area that has all sorts of sit down chain restaurants near it. My daughter needed new cleats as her cleats got a hole in them from pitching and thankfully there was a Dicks Sporting goods nearby. Overall we were pleased with the location. It is situated in a quiet location with many dining and shopping options within 10 minutes. There is also a gas station with a convenience store right next door. The beds were comfortable enough, but they did shake a lot when one rolls over. The shower had good pressure and the bathroom was fairly large. There were only 3 bath towels in the room (1 for each of us) and that was kind of annoying as I have long hair and could have used 1 more (most hotels I have been to give 4 to start). I am sure I could have asked for more and I would have gotten them, but I didn't realize until the next morning when I needed another one. The breakfast was really quite good. We took advantage of it both mornings. They had scrambled eggs, sausage patties, ham slices, make your own waffles, 3 types of cereal, English muffins, bagels, bread, packaged muffins (blueberry, banana nut, chocolate chocolate chip), and yogurt that I remember. I think there were more things, but can't be sure. They also had juice, milk, tea, coffee. We are not too picky about coffee but we did not think this coffee was good at all. It comes out of a machine and it was strong/bitter. We just added lots of cream and sugar and that made it tolerable. The hotel was filled to capacity this weekend, and the lady working the breakfast area did a great job making sure it was well stocked and cleaned. My husband and daughter tried to take advantage of the pool on Saturday evening. Unfortunately, someone noticed a poop floating in the pool and the pool cleared out and soon it was Out of Order. This, of course, was no fault of the hotel. I was worried that the hotel would be too loud as there was an entire softball team staying here this weekend and the kids were excited to be there, but our room was quiet and their noise did not affect us at all. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would definitely look to stay here again next year if we are at the same tournament.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room if you have mobility issues with stairs or can't carry things up a small flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Chintu P, General Manager at Quality Inn Loudon - Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Guest,