“Very good local spot for Breakfast, Great Staff.”
Review of The Bacon Barn

The Bacon Barn
Ranked #9 of 66 Restaurants in Londonderry
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've passed by a few times, but never the right time of day. Stopped for breakfast on a midweek morning and I was not disappointed at all. Very clean and tidy inside. Great - super friendly wait staff, and good food a reasonable prices. You really can't go wrong. And the bacon is great.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Passed this place many times and it always has many cars so it must be popular. Decided to give it a try for breakfast and was very pleased. There were four of us in our party, all ordered different items and all were cooked perfectly and delicious. Service was quick, prices were fair. Decor a little dated, but we were there for the food, not the decor. I will be back again and would recommend it as a good diner to try.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

My wife and I tried the bacon barn for the first time after being told we had to try them. The decor is nothing to right home about and our booth seat was ripped, but we are simple people and that didn't matter to us. But I wanted to add it to my review because some people will most likely cry and complain about it. The place definitely is a local hang out and gets packed but the wait was still not that bad at all. Maybe 7-8 minutes top. We both got coffee which was good. Now onto the food. We both got the hog heaven breakfast which came with 2 strips of bacon, 2 sausage links, 2 eggs, a side and 4 slices of toast. My wife got the bourbon bacon and substituted the sausage for more bacon, over easy eggs and country fries, which are home fries. She loved it all, especially the bourbon bacon, which she said was amazing. For me it was, regular bacon, the sausage links, sunny side up eggs, country fries and white toast.

My eggs were cooked perfectly, as was the toast. I mention that because I've been to a few places that does not cook sunny side up eggs very good and burns the toast, so I was happy with how the bacon barn cooked everything. The country fries were cooked perfect as was the sausage. Our only gripe, which was our fault was asking for crispy bacon. We were never asked before how we wanted our bacon cooked so we were kind of stumped on that...lol. Our choice was soft, medium, crispy, dead...lol. Crispy was a bit to cooked for my liking so next time I will get them medium. Like I said, that was our fault for not knowing. As for the price, it's your average priced breakfast joint and very reasonable. Don't listen to the bad reviews on high prices, it's the same prices as most places in the area and much cheaper than the red arrow diner.

The menu was simple and easy to read. I read one bad review were someone complained about the menu calling eggs cluckers....lol. Sorry but that's just ridiculous to give a bad review for that, but I guess you can't make everyone happy. Service was fast and friendly, our waitress was very friendly and smiling the whole time. So if you're in the area and want a very good breakfast hit up the bacon barn, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

My wife and I just had lunch at this establishment on 1/5/2018. The food was good and reasonably priced. She had a bacon/cheese burger with BBQ sauce and said it was awesome. I had a turkey BLT which was also quite good. Only slight complaint is that the table we were seated at had some sort of gouge in the middle of it. It didn't affect the taste but I found it odd.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

My companion was craving something decadent, so she went all in with an order of the cinnamon swirl pancakes, with real maple syrup, and a side order of the bourbon bacon. Those pancakes are like flat cinnamon buns. The bacon is delivered on a separate plate, thick slabs laid in a cross. Bring your empty stomach if you attempt a breakfast like this.
I behaved myself and ordered the chef salad. This item is found on the back of the menu, so you would suspect that they offer this salad as an afterthought. Au contraire--they put in fresh, tasty ham, real bacon, farmstand tomato slices, and a cup of the real bacon crumbles, all on a bed of fresh, crispy lettuce, not made up in advance.
This meal, with beverages and tip, came to under $29.
The only drawback we experienced here--the restrooms are both one-seaters, which are not enough for the crowd that dwells here during lunch. You wait and wait and wait. The restrooms themselves are quite clean and functional. But they need more.

5  Thank StarWeez