“A Homey Cafe”

Price range: US$3 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I found the John Stark Coffee House when I was in New Hampshire on vacation. It’s only about 5 miles from the covered bridge in Bath and in a very scenic area not far from ski areas. The café itself is in a wooden building from the 1800s, and it’s located right next to a river in the tiny town of Lisbon. It’s not a fancy place, but it’s warm and homey, with very personal service. When I was there, I was served by the owner’s charming daughters, and the owner bakes many of the delicious pastries and scones herself. We were there in the morning and feasted on delicious cinnamon rolls and breakfast sandwiches. We liked it so much, that we came back another time and had a panini sandwich and homemade quiche for lunch. Everything was very tasty and fresh, and there’s a nice assortment of coffees and teas. I highly recommend this café for a reasonable and tasty meal served by some very nice people.

1  Thank DavesTrips10

Reviewed 21 August 2010

Had been there 2 yrs ago form the west coast and was glad to see it was still there when we went back. it is right on the river in the middle of town alot of the locals meet there to visit. Owner Thersa knows how to make a great latte plus she bakes all the goods in there herself. loved the cinnamon roll. if you are in the area stop in for a snack and coffee

Reviewed 11 August 2009

The John Stark Coffee House is the best kept secret in Lisbon. The little coffee shop offers a decorative,clean,cozy, and friendly place to be. Whether you are passing though or reside in this little town one must take the time and enjoy all that this shop has to offer. .Bring your laptop and enjoy homemade pastries and other delicious brunch items and the coffee is a must have. You have all the amenities of Seattle coffee right here in the small town of Lisbon. Locals and travelers need to take the time and stop and enjoy all that this little shop has to offer.

Reviewed 18 April 2009

I live in the area but recently this spring I journeyed through some towns to shop. While I stopped in Lisbon i decided to eat at a close coffee shop. The food was really good and I enjoyed the owner's atmosphere consisting of pictures of war veterens from the area, local artwork, and old time music. Everything was delicious and I hope to stop there soon again.

Reviewed 27 February 2009

The John Stark Coffee house is a great place to get breakfast, have a cup of coffee, read the paper, get online (with the free wireless), and have good conversation. The food is delicious and Teresa offers a variety of pastries as well as breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, eggs, and paninis. She is a courteous and gracious host to all patrons, both "regulars" and those who are just passing through. The atmosphere in the restaurant is relaxing. It is VERY clean and comfortable. There is a bookshelf of books (especially for children) and a cabinet of games and puzzles for young children. The walls are adorned with local photography (for sale) and photo compilations of local servicemembers and veterans. Teresa usually has the local papers on hand for patrons to read. This is one of my favorite places to go. I meet friends there, do business there on occasion, and bring my three young children for breakfast almost every Saturday (and they love it too). The food is always delicious and the beverages are fabulous. I recommend the Chai Tea Latte.