“HORRIBLE food, good people.”

Woodwards Resort & Inn
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Look, I admire Woodwards. It's a very friendly family-run business that has, over the years, seen its fair share of action. If you know the owners, there's no reason you won't be happy staying there. They'll take good care of you.
But, should you dine at this fine "resort," (two-star motel) be aware that the person cooking your food in the kitchen is actually just your fifth grade lunch lady equipped with a flamethrower.
I never knew that medium-rare flat iron steak was a piece of charcoal with an orange next to it! Well, she is lunch lady, and it is, after all, a meal plan.
Woodwards seems to have made revolutionary contributions to American cuisine; I've never forced down anything like a Woody Burger, or faced difficulty in deciding whether to eat my wilted garnish before the actual meal. There's nothing out there taking $15 an entrée that's as bad as this place, and nobody seems to say anything.
When they say "char-broiled," they're serious. Many a time have I been dragged along to Woodwards on school trips (5, exactly), arrived at the restaurant on the verge of starvation, and left feeling as if I'd gone and chewed on a rubber disc that we'd shoved up the exhaust back in MA. It's rare that you'll taste good meat at Woodwards--- because they basically just pour gasoline on the beast and let 'er rrrip.

I try at least one "ambitious" dish (beyond pasta or salad, usually beef of some sort) every time I visit Woodwards, and I'm always offended by how burnt, dry and thoughtless it is.

Breakfast can be all right, so apparently frying eggs is easier than flipping burgers. When you pour it, the coffee is the color of watered down iced tea.

I'm warning you all, the food is so so so so so so [--] mediocre at this place-- You have to taste to believe. Do not get the meal plan, and be prepared to drive many miles for BK or something.

Mr. and Mrs. Woodward (they're real, I met them) please do something about this. Usually, I eat a lot. I'm not picky, and I've made do with some pretty nasty board. When I stay at your "resort," I can't bear to consume anything other than plain Caesar salad and cigarettes. It's not good for me.

For those about to brave the Woodwards pickins, I assure you that you won't find anything less horrible on the menu than the Caesar Salad. Do not get shrimp, I repeat, do not get shrimp (unless you poke the cork into your wine and need a substitute).

Sorry guys, your restaurant sucks. And deal with the mould problem already!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank EnjoyYourReview

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I agree with the other reviews that states this is a old school motel. It is nothing fancy but it is clean, maintained and friendly. We stay mid week to ski at Loon and bought the ski package for $329 which gives you 7 nights of midweek lodging to use during the ski season. That is a great value and they give you a free pass to Cannon. You can also pay $70 to buy a $100 gift card for the restaurant which we use to pay for breakfast.

Our room had 2 queen beds and was a good size. The provided 4 pillows per bed which was nice. The mattress was on the harder side but not bad. The walls are thin but midweek the hotel is quiet. They have a mini coffee pot and small refrigerator in the room. The highway is through the woods behind the hotel but at night there is not a lot of traffic when you are trying to sleep. Like I said before it is not fancy but what I am looking for after skiing all day long is something close to the mountain and clean. I did go to the pool area one evening and you need to check with the front desk on the hours as it seems to close early. The pool was clean, provided extra towels and the water was clear.

We have already used 5 of our nights in the last 2 weeks and plan on buying another 7.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building with the pool.
Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at the Inn of Lincoln several times with friends.We used it as our home away from home for hiking trips in the White Mountains.I always found the staff friendly,the rooms clean and the rest of the facilities in order.We would have plenty of room for 4 people in the suitesIt was great to come back from a long day of hiking and hit the pool and relax in the hot tub.There is always an obvious something being worked on at the hotel,which tells me that the owners are doing their best to maintain the property.The Inn is located in a great spot-near the highway and close to many eateries but just far enough from the Kanc to avoid the traffic.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Great service! Good location a few miles from Lincoln center. Good food. Great indoor pool. Two thumbs up for woodwards resort!

Room Tip: The suites have kitchens and separate bedrooms. A must for me and my family.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trapoza
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Woodward's is an old-school, New Hampshire motel/resort....not the Ritz. Dated - yes but a good value for the price and location. We stayed down the street from the motel in the Inn of Lincoln Suites (now owned by Woodward's). Perfect room layout for a family. Well furnished. Separate bedroom in the rear of the suite and living/dining room in the front, separated by a large bathroom and galley kitchen. Notes: limited cooking utensils/pans, huge whirlpool bathtub, stove top, no oven, plenty of heat with gas fireplace.

Room Tip: Tips - second floor rooms are quieter, some suites have 2 double beds and a pull-out couch, registra...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family