“Best hotel for sking in Lincoln, New Hampshire”

Mountain Club On Loon
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 March 2015

The Mountain Club on Loon provides a terrific location for skiers- truly ski and out! All of the rooms have different views from each wing- slope side, river view and even distant slope views which we found fun to watch the skiers in the distance make their way down. This mountain-side resort takes some of the schlepping out of skiing with ski equipment lockers and tickets easily accessed. Truly ski/out with kitchens if you feel like being domestic and or restaurants for any meal- you can save or splurge here. The furnishings are comfortable and family friendly. There are murphy beds that can allow you to lounge while socializing or place napping children. Keep in mind that the one-bedroom has two full bathrooms, with privacy for the bedroom/bathroom, and a studio side with the kitchen and two murphy beds. Rates are not cheap, but we are always thrilled with the ease once we arrive.

Room Tip: Slopeside rooms hear the groomers at night/ best breakfast brunch!
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank enight
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Thank you for writing a review of The Mountain Club. We greatly appreciate you taking time and writing such positive words of your recent experience while being our guest. Thank you for allowing us to serve you; we are always honored to do so. We hope you will think of us next time you decide to visit the mountains. Please be well, sincerely yours The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.

Reviewed 10 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed one night at the Mountain club with my girl. Location is what it's all about. Looking over the mountain, the setting was beautiful. Property is descent, but could use some upgrades.
The only issue was the Bar and grill. The bartender seemed uninterested and had no attention to detail. We watched as dirty glass after dirty glass piled up at the side of the bar. A spoon lay on the floor, creamer and Bloody Mary mix sat un refrigerated on the side bar. 2 olives and a lemon wedge lay at the waitress station. At one point he threw one olive in the trash, but left the other olive and lemon. Sour cream sat out as well. Another time he pulled something out of the ice and threw it on the floor, not even in the trash. And never once did he wash his hands. One of the worst displays of incompetence we've ever witnessed.
Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Overall the place was great.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gibby1965

Greetings Sir,
Thank you for your honest critique of your dining experience in The Black Diamond Pub. We will use this critique as a tool to better improve our customer service and staff training. Please accept our deepest apologies as this is certainly not the level of experience we strive for. We thank you for the kind words in regards to breakfast. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again and will do our best to make your next experience far better than the last”
Kindest Regards,
Matthew Holland, Food and Beverage Director

Reviewed 27 February 2015

We stayed here this past weekend to celebrate my Boyfriend's birthday and get away for a couple days to go skiing. Prior to checking in I worked with Kim the Night Auditor to get pointed in the right direction to plan a birthday surprise. She put me in touch with Holly in the restaurant,she worked with me and was able to arrange some snacks and drinks to be up in our room for us along with a nice card that said "Happy Birthday". It was a great touch! The room was very cozy with a king sized bed that overlooked one of the terrain parks on the mountain and falling asleep to the sounds of the groomers each night was very relaxing. On my second day here I got a facial in the spa by Leah. She was amazing and everything was so warm and relaxing!

We did run into a problem while we were here that went unresolved and made us pretty upset....
We kept our "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door as we had things laid out on the bed and valuables in the room (my purse, electronics etc.) We returned later on during the day after skiing to find our DND sign was off the door and placed on the dresser and our room had been serviced. (Bed made and things that were on the bed moved etc.) We felt as if our privacy had been invaded.
I went to the front desk and I asked the woman working what their policy was on Do Not Disturb signs. She just looked at me and asked me what I meant. I told her our room had been entered and serviced even though we left the sign on.
She was very unapologetic and just reached for a pen and paper and asked me what my room number was.. After she told me she was going to speak to her manager and the housekeeping manager and would follow up with us.... We never received a follow up from the Manager or even the Front Desk, apology from anyone or any type of token of apology.

We stayed here on a gift certificate. I feel as though our complaint got swept under the rug because there was no revenue being generated from the room (even though we spent a decent amount of money at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast every morning, as well as the spa.)

I also work in hospitality and have never experienced a situation where the front desk staff had absolutely no authority or empowerment to make bad situation right immediately. Even a gesture of a token of apologies "I'm so sorry for your inconvenience, please enjoy breakfast on us tomorrow morning". would have been something. Having to wait for a follow up or being left in the dark is not so reassuring, and does not make us feel like valued guests. I also mentioned this when I filled out the comment card left in our room. I dropped it off at the front desk when checking out

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harleyrider1214
MCOL-GM, General Manager at Mountain Club On Loon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2015

Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon. Wow, sorry to read about your experience with our housekeeping team. I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are honored to serve you, glad all went well otherwise. Your review will be used for training. As you know, privacy is the guest's option and it must be respected. Thank you and please contact me if I can assist further. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club Hospitality Team

Reviewed 25 February 2015

I am an owner at the Mountain Club, own a quartership, which is one week a month, year round. I have owned since 2012, and I cannot say enough good things about the place. First off, they are always finding new ways to upgrade. Recently, we got new heating and AC systems, and the improvements on the AC continues. The new bedding in the King master which is a feather top with layered bedding (and no more tacky bedpread) and big soft pillows with a feel like you never want to get out of bed! They are upgrading the mattresses in the Suite room this year as part of this years upgrade. I have a river facing room, which, even as a skier, is preferred by me because I don't want to hear the overnight grooming and, its positively a magnificent view, with the river below, you have that serene backdrop all day sunrise through sunset, when the mountains take on the pinkish purple hue. Seeing it in all four seasons is delightful.
The kitchen and two bathrooms, terrace, and enough room to comfortably sleep 6-8 makes it a great getaway for families, couples, friends, or a combination. The spa has a separate mens and womens indoor hot tub, steam room and sauna, co-ed indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub, and a great two level gym. The restaurant - cant say enough good things about the food, service and atmosphere. And the hotel staff - just so helpful all the time. I am truly blessed to have found such a gem. As for activities, in the summer and fall, the mountain is open with all kinds of activites - take the gondola to the top and have an incredible lunch, hike around the gold mines, check out the scenic tower - down below are lots of activities too like a little zip line, climbing wall etc, and also an awewome adventure park to zip and monkey climb through. Hiking, mountain biking, both on and off the mountain is plentiful, as are restaurant choices and family fun in the great town of Lincoln and surrounding areas. Winter of course is skiers heaven, being ski-in/ski-out. I highly recommend this place as a year round resort!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get level 10 or higher. Prefer river view for river and mountains rather than just a ski slop...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank lmconway

Thank you for your positive review and supporting The Mountain Club on Loon. We are always honored to you and hope you always share your experiences with us so that we can always improve. We look forward to the next we have an opportunity to serve you. Sincerely yours, The Mountain Club on Loon Hospitality Team.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Mt. Club on Loon reflects your typical mountain experience. Just rustic enough to feel you are in the mountains. It is in a great location and has easy on and off the slopes access which is perfect for skiers in winter. We have been there in the summer also with the grandkids and they love the pools and all the surrounding activities available in the White Mountains just a short ride away. Very relaxing on the grounds of hotel with the trails to walk and Pemi river to soothe your soul. Lots of great restaurants including one right at the hotel if you don't want to go out. The rooms are spacious and the suite rental allows you to sleep 7. It has multi levels but many elevators to get you to your destination. Housekeeping staff are very courteous and helpful as is the front desk staff. Has a small arcade for the kids and an indoor and outdoor pool. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting the "mountain" experience.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms are great in the spring, summer & fall to hear that rush of water from the river...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda D

Thank you for visiting us at The Mountain Club on Loon; we are always honored to serve you. Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Your review was very well written and we greatly appreciate your kind words. We hope you will think of The Mountain Club next time you decide to visit the mountains. Thank you, sincerely yours, The Mountain Club Hospitality Team