All reviews franconia notch the river white mountains chairs and a table decent size last minute trip would stay here again screened in porch close to town nice place to stay the location is perfect living room microwave office cottage grill charcoal
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I booked this place and when I entered the cabin was unpleasantly surprised at how primitive it was. The bed was hard as a rock, and the cabin was very unimpressive! After being in there for a while I felt very dizzy. I don't know if it was from the gas heaters or what, but I was afraid to stay there. I went to the front desk to explain and all he could tell me was that it was a beautiful room. Far from it! He offered me another but I wasn't convinced. I asked for my money back, but he refused. I called booking.com and they were great. They told me they spoke to the owner and he would waive any fees and give me my money back. Of course that didn't happen. He charged me for one night anyway. I am very disappointed. I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing time, but that didn't happen here!!

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank crittersrule2011
Reviewed 1 September 2017

This motel looked OK on the web, but when arrived to check in found our room dark, worn and dirty carpets, inadequate electrical sockets for my necessary medical equipment, no lamps over beds. Immediately made a check of charges to my credit card and found room had been charged two days prior. Went to office to see if refund was possible. Manager and I went back and forth for half hour, with me telling him that his property was not suitable for my medical equipment needs. After contacting booking.com to intervene, the manager reluctantly agreed to refund one night's stay. After which we checked into a lovely motel across the road at savings over what we had been charged by Franconia Notch Motel. Buyer beware unless shabby suits your life style.

Room tip: Beware this motel.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank anonymousa45
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We have stayed here several times. We take our Grandsons to Santa's Village after 3 pm to play in the water park, get a day pass for the next day and stay overnight here. The boys and Grandpa go swimming, we have a simple dinner, watch the sunsets, which can be spectacular, there are other children for the boys to play with and in general it's a nice family place.

The luxury is in the beauty of the surrounding hills. We always stay in one of the cabins and there is ample kitchen ware and a communal grill to prepare meals. The beds have always been comfortable and simply opening the windows will more then cool the room for a good nights sleep. All reasons why we have returned.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We stayed here for a weekend in April. It was so cold and snowy up there. The room was very clean. It overlooked a river that was babbling. What a beautiful view.When we woke Saturday morning ,,it was snowing. I'm glad I checked the weather before we left home. My only complaint was there was no fan in the bathroom

Room tip: Room 12 was nice.
Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This motel is an ok place to rest your head. It's not fancy. Prices were reasonable. The only slight issue was a toilet malfunction on the morning we were checking out. The view of the river behind the motel was nice.

Room tip: If one was interested, they have individual cabins for an extra $10 per night. I did not see the inside.
Date of stay: April 2017