All reviews clarks trading post wolf man the river washer dryer hear everything comfortable bed white mountain area full kitchen within walking distance kitchenette cottage hilary attractions bears toiletries porch sink
Reviewed 6 September 2015

This place was reasonably priced. We had a 2 BED kitchenette which had everything we need EXCEPT a comfortable bed. The bathroom floor was a bit dirty. The pool was great. Discounted tickets available in office for local attractions.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingAngell
Reviewed 21 August 2015

I would have given a 4 but, the room was late in being ready and she only accepts cash - which is a pain to carry that much cash around these days! She has wifi and a website - she out to be able to accept CC these days! She honored my request for a quiet end room. It was clean - and they do provide daily housekeeping, which I didn't really expect. Kitchenette in our double room was nice and handy for a quick breakfast or keeping snacks and drinks. The toilet had a problem - it constantly ran. The smoke detector needed a new battery and it beeped - my husband changed battery for her. Just small stuff - but, detracts from the vacation.
My son loved the pool - it was a nice old style very deep pool - 8'. They don't make them like that anymore! Fun to dive in. Lots of loungers and chairs - one umbrella table which is getting old.
A lot of smokers at this motel. They have to smoke outside so I guess that is why we noticed. So we didn't care for that aspect either. The windows open which is nice - because the AC was noisy!
Nice deep soaking tub.
Tired pillows - adequate bedding and towels - nothing fancy.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2015

We stayed in cabin #3 for 3 nights and what an amazing trip it was! The cabin was clean, the staff was friendly and the owner was a sweetheart! Local area attractions are close enough for fun but far enough away for peace and comfort. The price was very affordable which allowed us to spend more money on local attractions. We drove around to see other places to stay in the area and this by far was the most affordable and most comfortable. We will definitely return for another visit in the very near future. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a peaceful vacation.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 19 July 2015

Stayed for the weekend in Cabin right on the river. Real nice cabin. Peaceful and clean and great service. Owners are really helpful and friendly. All attractions are only a few miles away. Clarks Trading post is across the street.
I highly recommend this place and I will be their again in fall.

Room Tip: The cabins are real nice.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed in #3 & came back after hiking a few days later & stayed in #11. Both rooms were clean with comfortable beds, good showers, & screens in windows & doors to enjoy the nice breeze. The grounds and pool are lovely & well kept. The owner is very friendly & helpful.We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family