“Nice place to stay”

The Kancamagus Lodge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed there this past weekend. For the season reasonable price. Room was very clean. I had the pleasure of meeting the two ladies who run it. Very pleasant, accommodating, will steer you in the right direction. Don't have to go far for food or drink.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 November 2017

This place is overall very comfortable. Before I go any further, lets just be straight. This is an old ski lodge that has been kept up very nicely and expanded over time. The room I had in the maine lodge was very small with two double beds. This is typical of old lodges built in the 60s. They are meant as a comfortable place to lay your head, not to spend time. That said, everything was very very clean and comfortable. The property itself had free coffee and tea all day in the lobby, a swingset for the kids, a firepit with free wood if you wanted to have a fire, a dinner restaurant on site, and a bar on site that had live music at night. In addition they did have a small game room, and an indoor pool with changing rooms. My only criticism is that the pool was ice cold. They claim it was 83 degrees, but I don't think so!. I swim at a YWCA three times a week where they keep the pool at 84-85 on average, and the pool at the lodge was just frigid in comparison. So much so that a family of 4 that we met that regulary visits the lodge wear wet suit tops in the pool. They said they have been coming for 4 years, and if they didn't they would be retreating after about 10 minutes, but with the wet suits they can swim for a while. My 2 year old had a hard time swimming here.. After about 5-10 minutes he would be shivering with the teeth chatter and all. This is the coldest indoor hotel pool experience we have ever had. Equivalent to an outdoor unheated pool in Spring. So just know that you don't come to this hotel to swim. Everything else is great though! The last thing I would just suggest is if they added a hot tub on the deck off the game room. That would be great for us Skiiers in Winter!
Ok, that's about it. I did really find this place quaint and nice, and if you need something basic with some good onsite amenities then check them out. T

Room Tip: Main Lodge has small rooms, West Lodge has much bigger rooms. Noise around the bar entrance can be a...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We are so glad we decided to spend 2 nights in New Hampshire on our way to Maine. It was late in the season so many places were already closed. After much research and reading reviews we decided to stay at Kancamangus Lodge. The owner was very pleasant and helpful on sights to see and places to eat. The lodge is old but comfortable. It is a great location to use as a base for exploring the White Mountains and enjoying the gorgeous fall colors.
It is located right on the highway but our room was in the West Lodge which didn't face the road so noise was minimal.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I decided to spend a night in Lincoln to thoroughly enjoy the weather and some time in New Hampshire this past Friday night. When I got to Lincoln, I stopped here to inquire about room availability and rate. It was very reasonable. I was early so room not yet ready but was shown similar room and where mine was by the lovely woman in the office, who lives on the property with her husband (which made me feel more secure as a single traveler). They give you their cell as well. I went out exploring, getting back just after dark (I do not like to drive at night!). I got situated in my room and then walked across the street to the Common Man for dinner, which was great. Later, I made use of the indoor pool which was just steps from my room (and open till 11 p.m.). I never had to leave the property until I checked out the next morning! Everything was right there! The room was very clean and comfortable. It had a mini frig., which was perfect. The next morning I had breakfast at Brittany's (attached) and it, too, was terrific. I, then, took a walk around the property appreciating the views. Great location, near the Kanc and attractions. I had a wonderful stay, the owners were lovely and I would definitely love to stay here again! Very good value. Excellent location. I was not surprised there was "No Vacancy" when I was checking out!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017

My fiancee and I booked two nights in the Kangamangus Lodge for our wedding night and the following night after our wedding at nearby Loon Mountain. During our wedding the Kangamangus Lodge tried to run my credit card and it got declined because it had been stolen 2 weeks prior and I had a new card. They called my cell phone, but I was unable to answer while at my wedding. When the wedding ended and I checked my phone I saw 3 missed calls and messages from them. I immediately called them back and the man who answered the phone was BY FAR THE RUDEST PERSON I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. They gave our room away and no longer had a room for us on our wedding night!!! They claimed that this was normal hotel policy, but I have rented 100s of hotel rooms and never had one run my card prior to and give my room away because it was declined without giving me the chance to arrive and give them a different card. They claimed this was all explained and I didn't technically "reserve" the room. He immediately started attacking me as if this was my fault and at no time remembered that I am the customer. The confirmation email said I had until 11pm to check in and they gave my room away before 10pm. Long story short the people at this establishment should seriously re-evaluate their policies and their customer service skills because they were the absolute worst. Never apologized or tried to make it right until the next afternoon when the owner called me back and tried to offer to buy me lunch as if that was somehow an acceptable condolence for almost leaving me and my wife without somewhere to stay on our wedding night. Terrible establishment. I would never recommend anyone go here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple