The Basin at Franconia Notch State Park
Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
It is Free!!!

What a lovely place to visit, the Basin is free unlike the Flume Gorge and it is a very nice place... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
devonroamer
Kingsteignton, United Kingdom
LOVE

This place is beautiful and a must stop for your White Mountain tour. Dog friendly and people were... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2018
Aimee G
Connecticut

All reviews short walk easy walk rushing water natural wonder kinsman falls baby flume off the highway franconia notch paved trail lonesome lake great walk beautiful spot flume gorge parking lot enjoy nature parking area worth a stop
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I liked that basin. As we were heading to it, we saw a river flowing swiftly.

The basin has a waterfall and its water is green. It's truly a basin in all its beauty!.

Some of the water followed the river.

I enjoyed the beauty of this basin. It is free as well. It's a must see! Wow!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Robby G C
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Being a certified city girl, my daughter and I visited the Basin at Franconia Notch State Park this past week. While the weather was 14 degrees we bundled up nicely and made the trek. So glad I did! Amazing!!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is right off the highway and an easy walk to the natural pool of "The Basin." The path to the Basin is paved and there is even a viewing point for handicapped people. Really glad that we stopped and took time to walk to this beautiful, natural spot.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful and relaxing hike with very powerful waterfalls along the way, i was glad that I stopped there.

1  Thank Shulim G
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Went here with kids aged 3-17 and it was good for all of us. Lots to see and not too diffcult. We recommend it for all ages

Date of experience: August 2017