“Average in every way”

Ranked #3 of 3 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Davis, California
“Average in every way”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Stayed here for one night while biking in this area. Room was clean, but old. Tiniest little check-in room ever and not staffed all the time. Free Wifi worked sometimes and sometimes I had to go to the local McDonald's, which has free Wifi. Swimming pool was nice and properly kept up. Breakfast area was small also, however you could take your breakfast outside to one of the picnic tables. It is the cheapest (price wise) motel in this area, so if you don't mind a "no frills" motel, this will probably work for you. If you want more, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HOnestABE18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wells, Maine
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I have worked for a Choice Hotel in the past, but now have my own business. I was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel. First it was not clean to my liking, the bed was comforable either. I couldnt believe that if you used all the coffee packages in the room, they charge you 50 cents for more. For the money this place charges, is too much to ask for and to charge for extra coffee is crazy. Im so glad to be back home. All I can say is Bad Choice Hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lincoln hotels

New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 30 July 2010

the plastic on the mattresses was a really turnoff. the hotel was okay, clean enough. location was good. probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
SouthEastern Massachusetts (USA)
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Booked the hotel thru AAA and got a great rate. When we arrived we realized that this was a one-man show. The woman who checked us in was also the owner, maid, landscaper, etc... Apparently this used to be a mom & pop operation but they sold the hotel to a family from India.
This woman was very rude and fresh. She was argumentative regarding the fact that my reservation that was sent to her by AAA didn't state non-smoking. Also it didn't contain my AAA number or the fact that we were traveling with our 5 year-old son. I explained that I put all this information when I booked it on-line, but she continued to badger me. I couldn't believe that she was wearing pajama bottoms in the middle of the day.
I booked a king bed with sofa bed so our son could have his own bed. Once we checked in we noticed that the room smelled very moldy and the pillows were filthy. There were numerous drool marks on the pillows and there were long black hairs, [belonging to guess who], on the sheets and bathroom floor. There were no sheets on my son's sofa bed, and when I returned back to the front desk I was again met with rude excuses and remarks, then given two sheets that honestly didn't seem to be very clean.
The pool is a joke....old and tired, and no one ever used it the three days we were there.
The next morning we noticed that the same woman was now the house keeper. She made the beds without changing the sheets and never replaced the small soaps that we used. I guess we're only allowed the ones from the first day. No big deal, we had our own anyway. There were air fresheners with timers on the walls, but no aerosol air freshener in the case. I took a photo of this as well as the filthy sofa cushion and the sofa cushion with a cigarette hole in it. Sorry, but this is just unacceptable. The sofa bed is from the 1980's with a thin stained mattress that needs to go!
There are lots of nicer places up the street like Woodward's and Indian Head Resort. We'll stay there next time. The Rodeway Inn of Lincoln, NH is in a great location [see photos of nice view], but the place is dirty and the owner is not very nice and needs training with her people skills/customer service.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Btaz262
BeanTown
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Strayed one night mid week on the way to skiing. They gave us a king bed for the price of a queen, which was $45. Can't beat the price during the ski season. Very clean, comfortable bed. Bathroom was a bit dated. Refrigerator in room and they had a breakfast room with cereal, pastry, Coffey, etc. Will certainly return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple