All reviews massage chair whoopie pies breakfast buffet bacon hot tub lumber yard room was clean dining area fish pond indoor pool stay there again west lebanon new hampshire king arthur flour upon check front desk staff an upgrade
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Stayed at this hotel for one night with my family during a quick weekend away. I had stayed here before and find the hotel to be overall the same as previous experiences. The hotel staff were very accommodating about providing an early check in, which I was glad for. The blow dryer in our room did not work, and when I went to the front desk to ask about it, the staff there pretty-much asked me to come back in the morning...so no help was provided there. Our room had a funky smell, which I chalked up to *maybe* carpet shampoo, although our carpets were dry. It wasn't overwhelming, or sickening, and we just got used to it, but this could be a problem if you are smell sensitive. The hotel provided 1) refrigerator, 2) microwave, 3) safe, and 4) dark-colored towels and makeup removal pads, which means our white towels weren't stained with someone else's makeup. During our stay, a political convention and a prom were held in the hotel, and we didn't notice a whole lot of noise from either, with the exception of people walking and talking in the halls near our door. We chose this hotel because it had a pool, and a restaurant for convenience. The pool was excellent and very well kept, and had cushioned chairs, which made it extra nice for lounging. Also, the pool is in an actual room, not a bubble, so the temperature inside wasn't harsh. The hotel provided a plentiful complimentary breakfast buffet in the on-site restaurant (temps of food were spot on, nothing was dried out or gross, everything you could want was there), and it was awesome. The same restaurant area offered dinner in the evening, and we were unhappy with our dinner experience: The menu options were very limited, some dishes arrived overcooked, we found stray hairs in our plates, my toddler received a cup with a dust-coated lid, we were served beer that had expired over a year before our visit. Overall, the stay went smoothly and we were happy with the hotel, but the restaurant (aside from breakfast buffet) needed some work. Luckily, there are many other places to eat in this area, and we had a great experience at Salt Hill Pub, just a few hundred feet away from this hotel's front door. Side note, there is a 24 hour Walgreens close by for any last-minute purchases you may need to make.

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank JennInJersey
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The hotel is conveniently located right off the highway and has tons of stores/food nearby. It is, however, located behind a store parking lot and lumber yard. even though it is located amid stores and highway, our room backed to woods.

The hotel has a rustic '70s kind of lobby and layout with multilayered floors (think half stair cases). The rooms were clean and comfortable. Bathroom had lots of hot water but was a bit dated.

We did not use the pool and hot tub but it looked nice and was truly indoors -- not just a plastic or glass bubble that are sometimes cold in the winter.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This is our third time staying here. It is a dated hotel but it is comfortable, quiet and clean. The breakfast is good and plentiful. We have not eaten at the restaurant. The location is ideal for restaurants and shops. We will continue to stay at the Fireside for the duration of our sons schooling.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott L
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Went with my wife for our anniversary. The room was average with a jacuzzi (which was a little small). Went to the restaurant for dinner as part of the package. Worst food experience ever! After waiting an hour and 45 mins for appetizers they come out half frozen. Meanwhile our dinners sat under the heat lamp all that time. The food was only ok. Maybe it would have been better if it did not sit that long. Breakfast wasn't that good either. Not a pleasant dining experience. We were expecting something better for the price. Just the room isn't too bad but stay away from the restaurant!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night at the poor excuse for a hotel on Feb 14. The staff is terrible, most not in uniform. They do not assist you even after giving them a gratuity. The phone in the room which is from the 1980's was dead. The TV guide did not match the channels. The room is dirty, worn, burn holes in the carpet. Really, there isn't any saving grace here or redeeming quality. I wrote the hotel company which is Lafayette Hotels out of Maine and told them of my experience. They would not respond.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business