“Penne was excellent”

Three Tomatoes Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Three Tomatoes Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Lebanon
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Three Tomatoes Trattoria opened on November 20th, 1990. Over the years I have traveled extensively throughout Italy in search of new ideas, recipes, and great wines to bring back to Three Tomatoes. The source of inspiration continues to be the simple, fresh, healthy and local foods of Trattoria style cooking. Eating in a Trattoria in Italy is like eating with an Italian family. The mood can be relaxed or boisterous, but always friendly. It is a home away from home and a gathering place for friends. I have tried to capture the warmth of the trattoria kitchen with its open fire, the aroma of simmering sauces, roasted meats, grilled fish and pizza baking in our custom built wood fired oven. Our newly revised wine list has been enhanced by selections of distinction and value inspired by attending Vinitaly, Slow Food's Terra Madre and visiting vineyards throughout Italy, Sicily and Sardinia. Three Tomatoes has captured some of the spirit that makes wine, food, and conviviality such an important part of trattoria life. Salute and buon appetito! Robert
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Two of the group had the penne and raved. One had linguine with meatballs and the fourth had pizza. Pizza was dry, penne was excellent and the linguine was 5 star. Service was average.

Date of visit: October 2015
ThreeTomatoesLebanon, Manager at Three Tomatoes Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

give us your feedback on your
visit

Reviewed 4 October 2015

I ordered takeout. They kindly agreed to switch the type of pasta from penne to linguine. The food was awesome. While waiting on the order, I noticed the pizza looked great too.

Date of visit: September 2015
ThreeTomatoesLebanon, Manager at Three Tomatoes Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write your review,
we appreciate your nice comments, and hope you visit
us again soon

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped here for a late lunch headed up to Stowe, VT to look at foliage.
This is a great Italian restaurant on a nice town square, we were so lucky to pick this of several on this street.

Bolanagse and a squash/red pepper soup were to die for. The chicken wrap was also excellent as was a local craft. Make sure you get bread with their garlic pesto.

Great food and friendly service.

Date of visit: September 2015
ThreeTomatoesLebanon, Manager at Three Tomatoes Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

We apologize for the flies during your
patio visit. The exceptionally warm and
sunny summer really brought with it more
flies than usual on some days. If your in the
area and just want to have a pizza on us,
please stop in.

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

I chose to eat lunch outside to enjoy one of the few warm days we have left in NH. When I sat down, I noticed a few flies on the patio. However, after I got my pizza, the flies ascended. I ate with one hand over my pizza, swatting at the 5-10 flies that were swarming over my table. Needless to say, it was hard to enjoy my lunch...I was very grossed out. I finished as quickly as possible. The pizza was decent, but I did not really focus as much on the taste as I did on trying to keep flies off of it. If I do go back, I definitely will not be eating outside.

Reviewed 19 September 2015

Look, Three Tomatoes is not your fine dining experience but they serve very good food and provide very good service, consistently. I have never had a bad meal there. You'll never go wrong with one of their authentic wood fired pizzas. Offering traditional Italian as well as Americanized Italian dishes, I consider Three Tomatoes a good value. They start you off with complimentary warm bread with fresh garlic and olive oil dip and a beautiful glass bottle full of water for the table. Don't forget to order a ceramic chicken filled with a wine from their above average wine list. You might be a bit surprised by your bill. It can be just a wee bit pricey if you go all out but you can also have really delicious dishes on the cheap if you eat the bread, drink the bottle of water and order carefully. Enjoy your experience at Three Tomatoes. I always do.

Date of visit: May 2015