All reviews connecticut river river view bed was comfortable place to stay waffle maker nice surprise new hampshire dartmouth fridge granddaughter muffins
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Average motel and reasonable in price near to Woodstock which was more expensive but a place to see on the New England tour. Rooms were adequate with en suite and fridge. Breakfast was available in a small area off reception. Continental - self serve but there was sufficient to choose from including hot omelette. Pleasant area to visit within a few miles of Woodstock where there are plenty of restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms on ground floor. Have to travel to a restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I can not recommend. Hard to see from the road. Drove right by the first time and hard to pull out of. Very dated. Hard beds. After staying overnight could not bring myself to stay for breakfast. Look elsewhere before staying here. Not worth the money saved.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ktag2021
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Rude staff, bugs in the room, unappetizing breakfast; I would not recommend this motel. We booked it because our airbnb cancelled and it was the only "affordable" place with availability left, but I still do not think it was good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Djuna L
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The worst type of Norman bates motel possible. Rude manager. Dirty room. Still rubbish left from previous tenant. Tired. Lots of broken items. Basic. Quick enough to take your hard earned cash. Slow to give any kind of value for money. Dartmouth is 2 miles away. Great lively town. Save harder for a room there.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I was looking for a budget place to stay near Hanover for a personal trip. The Sunset Motor Inn is located just over the town line from Hanover, close enough to go and drop something off/pick something up, or kick back for a few minutes before dinner. Although the Sunset is right on a main road, I did not hear traffic while in the room.

The Sunset Motor Inn held several very pleasant surprises. The biggest one was that they have a large breakfast included in the price of the room. It was a serve yourself set up and there was a lot of choice - 3 cereals, a waffle maker, a wide range of carbohydrate things (muffins etc), yogurt, and other things I can't remember. There were eggs and may have been meat choices, but since I don't eat them I wasn't paying attention. There were several flavors of juice, coffee and tea with real milk. In other words, not at all what I would have expected with a free breakfast.

There are about 15 rooms; rooms 1-6 (?) do not face the river, rooms 7 (?) - 15(?) face the river. I did not have a river view, but I walked around the back to look and the river view rooms have a lovely view with large windows. My room was clean, well lit, and had a smaller window, designed so that people could not easily see in from the parking lot which it faced. The bed was comfortable and in good condition. The free wi-fi was fast and reliable enough to watch videos - another nice surprise for a budget place.

I was surprised to read that the Sunset Motor Inn has been around for 50 years. It has been well kept up and is in good shape. The door to my room had a modern security lock on it and the bathroom, though very basic, was clean and there was plenty of hot water in the shower.

I only saw the hotel managers briefly, when I arrived and when I checked out. We didn't talk very much on either occasion, beyond one of them showing me where to park.

My investigations prior to arrival told me that it was possible to get a place to stay within a 50 mile radius that was cheaper, but the reviews of those places convinced me to try the Sunset Motor Inn, and I'm glad I did. I recommend this place highly if you want an affordable place to stay in the Hanover/Lebanon area.

Stayed: August 2017