“Very clean, friendly, large room”
Review of Coos Motor inn

Coos Motor inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lancaster
Hopewell, New Jersey, United States
“Very clean, friendly, large room”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My daughter and I just had occasion to visit the Lancaster area and stayed at the Coos Motor Inn for three nights. Staff was friendly with helpful suggestions, the room was spotless, quiet, both from inside the building and outside noises, close to the local stores, housecleaning came in daily, coffee when I woke up every morning, comfortable beds, etc. A small refrigator in the room was wonderful for drinks, snacks, etc. We wondered if we were the only guests, it was that quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marge P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay overnight on our way to a ski race at Burke Mt. VT. We had stayed previously at the Fairbanks Inn in St. Johnsbury but I thought it was a bit overpriced. So we found the Coos Inn, about a 50 minute drive from Burke. It is a relatively new property and we found it to be an excellent value for the money. The room was immaculate and spacious, and included a refrigerator, desk, TV, bureau, and small round table to eat at or work. There's also a breakfast room with a decent continental breakfast. We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We asked for room 101, right off the front desk and easily accessible from the front door. It has a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank OutdoorsyMaineGirl
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have stayed in many motels over the years and am always pleased when I stop for the night and checkin to a room that is clean. I also like the location next to a supermarket so I can bring my food to the room which has a refer. The staff was polite and knowledgable of local events and restaurants.I also like the continental breakfast. I would recomend this motel to other travelers passing through the north country.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank K D
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 December 2011

One of my biggest issues were that when you walked in he door you are overwhelmed by the smell of cigarette smoke and that smell continues down the hallway. The room surprisingly did not smell at all which I was very happy about. The room was very clean and so were the sheets and the in room fridge was bigger than I expected. Overall for the price it was just what you would expect - not the worst hotel i have stayed in but not the best either.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed in a Double queen room that was SPOTLESS, and the beds were very comfortable. I'm a stickler for soft, clean linens, and the sheets and pillow cases were very high quality and softer than I've experienced in a long while. We were impressed that the room was larger than expected - we didn't feel cramped at all. We will definitely stay here again on one of our frequent trips to North Country.

Room Tip: This hotel is very quiet, so any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
3.2 km away
11.4 km away
The Skywood Manor Inn
The Skywood Manor Inn
#3 of 3 in Jefferson

Been to Coos Motor inn? Share your experiences!