All reviews gas fireplace feather bed comfy chairs steak and seafood continental breakfast yogurt jacuzzi tub atlantic room golden retriever walk in shower robin room like sleeping on a cloud allow dogs on site restaurant beautiful room wonderful hotel relaxing stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This lovely inn seems to combine the best of a B&B and a boutique hotel and a luxury resort. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but they have done it. A rare combination. The view of the lake from the balcony is lovely, and the room is both cozy and roomy with every amenity (such as a giant jacuzzi tub, a perfectly placed fireplace, and a room frig). The giant golden retrievers who occasionally visit the lobby have impeccable manners and a welcoming vibe; they definitely add to the ambiance of the resort. We experienced friendly, helpful staff and a top notch breakfast, and my only regret is that we didn't have time to visit what looked like a 5 star restaurant (with a view of the lake to die for!)

Room Tip: Upper floor with a balcony view of the lake is a good choice.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

First and foremost the building itself is beautiful, right on a lake..make sure you get a room with the lake view, I didn't. Great scenery. The restaurant was busy but I didnt eat there, people were enjoying themselves. I didnt use the spa. The room had a great atmosphere and the fireplace was a nice touch. The room was big and open, bathroom was everything you need. I really hate giving this place 3 stars...but.... my TV didnt work, my tub wouldnt drain and the hot tub wasnt working. That was a big disappointment. Pool is small and kinda cold. When I called about the issue i felt like i was bothering the staff by letting them know by the way their tone was. I'd have loved to give a higher rating and I'd give it another try.

Most importantly they have some breakfast items out for you in the morning and their BEAUTIFUL dog Diamond let me pet her for like a hour. Because of this realistically I'd like to give them like 400000 stars but it still kinda sucks that so much stuff was broken down in my case. I kept the room key because it's a picture of her. I hope shes doing well :) lol

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

This has to be one of the most pleasant stays we have ever had anywhere. The staff was extremely friendly as were the dogs Diamond and Keegan who welcome guests in the lobby. The rooms are spacious with a gas fireplace, balcony, and very comfortable beds. The rooms are quiet and relaxing and location of a wonderful restaurant on the premises is very convenient both for dinner and room service. The views of the lake are lovely and there are many wonderful scenic visits to the White Mountains nearby. I only wish we had enough time to visit the spa. Definitely next time!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel on TripAdvisor while searching White Mountains area of New Hampshire. Wow, what a wonderful surprise to find such a clean and comfortable Inn. We were greeted by the Golden Retrievers and Kathy at the front desk who was super friendly and helpful. We had a King Room with Balcony #116. The room had an awesome bed with super soft sheets, 2 comfy chairs, fireplace, tv and desk area with a corner chair. Very roomy and the bathroom had a jet tub with a separate glass shower. The breakfast was simple but delish. The muffins were amazing! We walked the asphalt trail behind the Inn each morning for a 3 mile walk. Restaurants are within walking distance. We chose to eat at O’s both nights (separate review). My hubby kept saying he could not believe how clean and relaxing Lake Opechee Inn is! We drove 30 minutes to the White Mountains and spent the afternoon in North Conway. The drive around the lakes on the return trip was fun. Highly recommend. We can’t wait to stay here again!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough about this place. Super clean, the best night sleep with the softest sheets/ mattress. Kids loved the pool, a little small but they still had fun. The breakfast was really nice. Nicest people on staff.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family