“One of the best places to eat in the Lakes Region”

Laconia Local Eatery
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Local Eatery features a year-round menu using as much local food as Chef Kevin Hallifan can find. Even through the winter produce will be preserved from summer surplus or greenhouse grown by special arrangement with local farmers.
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We enjoyed everything about our meal from the sweet and sour meatball appetiser to the black raspberry trifle for dessert topped off with a great Local cup of coffee. The cucumber salad with blueberry dressing, halibut and grilled skirt steak were all excellent. Perfectly cooked meals with delicious unique combinations for entrees make this a place we will come back to. Highly recommend. We also liked that this place has great friendly service with a top quality chef and a casual and comfortable ambiance. No ties necessary but definitely a great place to go for a night out. Our waitress Chana was very friendly and knowledgeable of all the great selections.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

I had dinner here with my mom and dad tonight. It was really good. We enjoyed a nice dinner here together. Cocktails were specially crafted. I had a blueberry mojito. My dad had a local beer on tap. My mom ordered wine. I am glad we made a reservation because the dining area is super small & quaint. Food was phenomenal. Ingredients FRESH local & high-quality. We ordered salads to start. The lettuce in our salads tasted just like the lettuce my mom grows in her garden. For Entrees my dad ordered Filet Mignon. My mom ordered the skirt steak which was slow cooked and reminded her of short ribs or like a pot roast. I ordered the Gnocci, a homemade pasta dish. It was exceptional. We were all impressed with the quality of the food, creativeness of the menu, the flavors, & the richness in the way in which our entrees had been cooked/prepared. Delicious! Really nice dining experience. Service was good/decent.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

From beginning to end the meal was well done. Staff and quality of food was excellent without any compomse.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Definitely a good find. Visiting the area and decided to try it out. Food was incredible, service was good, and it was a fun atmosphere. I would definitely go back. Food was fresh. One of the best meals I've had in a long time.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Numerous and adventurous preparations using local ingredients where possible. Excellent reviews by my companions who liked foods with more exotic spices and combinations. I found my personal choices limited, but I probably will go again

Date of visit: August 2015