“Great Hamburg & cheese calzone -”

Lakeside Famous Roast Beef Pizza & Seafood
Ranked #31 of 88 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 June 2017

While riding on our Harley during Bike Week we decided to stop at Lakeside 2 for lunch about 1:30 in the afternoon. It is located very close to the Bike Rally set ups with all the vendors, food carts etc. I thought this was a "sister restaurant" to The Circle Restaurant in Epsom. When we approached the counter and gave our order, my husband had the gift certificate in hand and she said that this was "not the sister restaurant, it's located elsewhere in the area". We chose to stay and eat anyway. Their printed menu is up on the wall overhead and very easy to read. They have a great variety from their famous Roast beef sandwiches, pizza, calzones, fried seafood and lobster rolls. We ordered a medium hamburg and cheese calzone. Items are made fresh so it was over a 20 minute wait to eat but well worth it. We ordered, sat with our Cokes we chose from the cooler (yes, they also have beer) and then saw another food board hung near the cash register. My husband went to ask if the french fries were fresh cut and she said yes. He ordered a small and it was ready a couple minutes before the calzone arrived- but that was OK. The only thing to note is they were NOT fresh cut but frozen. He still ate them. When they delivered the calzone to our table, it was sliced into 6 pieces and they offered us side of marinara sauce to go with it. It was excellent. Upon first seeing the cut calzone the hamburg did not look like I expected. It looked like "Kibble n Bits' but did not disappoint. It was very good. The outside of the calzone was crisp and crunchy. .. so much smooth stretchy cheese. We had 2 pieces left and asked for a take out container. She offered us a nice snap container but I was concerned we didn't have room for that in our saddle bags of the motorcycle. I asked if she had a piece of foil I could wrap it in. She said "yes, let me do it". She took it, double wrapped it and then put it in a plastice bag and asked if that would be good. It was perfect. we would be home in a couple hours, and we'd enjoy the rest another day. This will definitely be a place to stop and eat again.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Ordered # RB sandwiches, ff and onion rings..They were very good..My youngest son ordered chicken and ziti alfredo..It was unedible..My son at 2 bites and said they taste was horrible..I tasted a piece of chicken and it was a piece of chicken fat and spit it out..Not sure if the alfredo was burned..not good. Hubby was going to bring back this am..but just threw the dish out...

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Nice big sandwiches made fresh for a good price. The folks were friendly and the food was good. I'll have to try the pizza next time because it smelled great!

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the pizza, great sauce and good crust. Good location and offers delivery. Great deal 2 large pizza for 14!!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Great place to pick up a quick lunch, with lots of interesting sandwich offerings. Gluten-free bread is available, and the sandwiches are good size. They also have salads and soups.