“Two Eggs over Medium and Corned Beef Hash”
Review of Water Street Cafe

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Full Service Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Restaurant. Casual, Affordable, Family Friendly. Open Year Round. Serving the Lakes Region since 1988. Come visit and Taste the Difference!
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We enjoy our visits to the Water Street Cafe. Our usual waitress, Paula, always greets us with a smile and a warm friendly Hi. Along with the great service the breakfast is fabulous. My favorite is the 2 eggs over medium, cooked perfect every time, corned beef hash and a side of the Polish Beans. The coffee cup doesn't get empty.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I was dining alone and chose to read the newspaper while eating, the food was delicious, but what I really liked was my waitress. She was very nice and service was excellent. I noticed her happy voice back in the kitchen saying things like, '"excuse me" or "coming through, please" or "order in", and she had the nicest voice to be hearing in the background. Not the usual kitchen banter. It was nice to hear her talking nice to other employees as well as customers. Very pleasant atmosphere. Hopefully, I get Vickie the next time I go!

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Mid-Week Lunch, busy location. Food was good quality and decent portion size. I ordered a prime rib French dip. Excellent. Tips that my colleague ordered were smaller than I would expected as a portion size. Service was pleasant, food delivery a little slow. Pricing very reasonable.

1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We went for breakfast. Table was clean, waitress took our order and brought our coffee right away. Then the wait began. Another couple came in after us, ordered and got served while we waited. Finally, our food was set up on the shelf, ready to be brought to us. Our waitress then cleaned off a table, got some water for another customer, chatted with someone else, and then got our food. It arrived luke warm. Cold eggs and potatoes - yuk! When the waitress finally brought our bill, it was someone elses, for a lot more that ours should have been. When we told her that, she copped an attitude. Unexceptional food, lousy service. There are too many good places around here to bother coming back to this one.

1  Thank nell1365
Ted R, Owner at Water Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Good morning Nell1365,

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at the Water Street Café. This is not how we like our customers to feel when they leave. Is there anyway that you can contact me directly and give me more details about your experience? It will help us to provide a better experience to others in the future and to you hopefully if you return. Ted@water-street-cafe.com

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Stopped in the other day for a breakfast/lunch experience. Fast service - delicious pancakes, crisp bacon and good syrup. Hubby had their loaded omelet with their Polish Bakes Beans...
I snagged as many spoonfuls as I could from his dish... Holy smokes - just ask for the beans in the future. We'll definitely be back for more.

2  Thank rockyisle