“Hash and Polish beans”

Water Street Cafe
Ranked #12 of 88 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Full Service Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Restaurant. Casual, Affordable, Family Friendly. Open Year Round. Serving the Lakes Region since 1988. Come visit and Taste the Difference!
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Homemade hash truly was. Polish beans (baked assorted beans with bacon and flavorful sauce) a great alternative to regular baked beans. Portions plentiful. Atmosphere, airy with booths and tables. Nice!

1  Thank Brex02536

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Excellent, spotless location near the Laconia Police Dept. Rebuilt after a fire a few years ago. Excellent breakfasts and lunches, dinners some nights. Daily specials. Great desserts. Free newspapers., Good service.

1  Thank Norm S
Reviewed 29 January 2016

I hadn't been back to this restaurant in quite awhile because I wasn't impressed the last time I was here. However, today has changed my mind. My daughter ordered the Veggie omelet - it was huge and chock full of veggies. The home fries were exceptional. I had the breakfast burrito which was delicious. I asked for the salsa on the side without the sour cream. I look forward to returning to try more of the items on their extensive menu.

2  Thank Grammy H
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite breakfast spots. The staff is awesome, super friendly and attentive. I don't usually stray off my normal breakfast choices but I was persuaded to try a special and was in breakfast heaven!

4  Thank Erinhamill
Reviewed 20 January 2016

I had been told on numerous occasions that the fish was very good here. I ordered the fish and chips (haddock and fries) and my associate ordered chicken fingers-we were eating healthy that day.... Both the fish and fries were cooked in what I believe to be an oil that was at too low a temperature. This results in a product that is more chewy than crisp. The taste seemed to be slightly flat, too. The fish was fresh but the overall product was not very good for a New England eatery that should do fish well. My friend's chicken fingers also had the same texture and their taste was bland too. I will give this place another chance based on the recommendations I have received and I hope for the best.

The menu was extensive, the service fine and a fair number of people were in and out quickly.

1  Thank ed s
Ted R, Owner at Water Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Ed, first and foremost I would like to thank you for coming in to the Water St Café. I'm sorry you were less than satisfied with your meal. In an effort to correct the problem and find out what may have gone wrong could you please tell me when you were in and Who your server was? We would like to try to correct the problem so that your experience and other guests will have a more enjoyable experience going forward. If you would like to respond to me personally I've included my email address. ted@water-street-cafe.com

Ted