“good food for the price”
Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #35 of 108 Restaurants in Keene
Cuisines: Deli, Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Our first time there. It seems to be family owned. A lot of older locals were there. They have a large menu to choose from. Very reasonable prices, full bar, very clean, friendly staff. The place could use a little sprucing up.

I got the shrimp scampi on pasta which I enjoyed. It had a lot of shrimp-- suggestion put a little tomato sauce to give it more flavor and sauté the shrimp more then it will be great.

I loved the rolls. $1.50 for a side salad was very reasonable. My husband got the sirloin steak that was sent back for a few more minutes on the grill. He wished he had ordered a chicken wrap.

Give the restaurant a try.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

It's called a pub but I think of it as a dependable source of hometown comfort food. The prices are reasonable and it's good value. When we go there, it's often for a breakfast that's a little more elaborate or varied than we'd make at home. Breakfast is available anytime they're open. They have other menus, of course, I'm just not an expert in those. Eggs are packaged a lot of ways, from vegetarian omelette to steak & eggs, with corned beef hash & eggs somewhere in there as well. I'm not above ordering waffles along with my eggs, though you might prefer pancakes or French toast. Toppings include real maple syrup or sugar-free syrup, among others. Plenty of options and worth checking out to find your own favorite.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We had the 2 for $10.00 menu and ordered Chicken Parmagiana and Roast Pork with Mashed potatoes. When I got the bill a charge of $1.25 was added for GRAVY! Unbelievable, to say the least. No one could even begin to give me an intelligent answer as to why this is the only restaurant that I have ever been in that charged for gravy! One person said that potatoes are served plain and if you want gravy it is extra. Ha! I countered, what about my partners pasta, that had tomato sauce poured over it, that was not extra. Is sour cream with a baked potato also extra here?? They lost me as a customer because they made me wait on a rainy night for a manager or owner to respond. I walked out. I am a Disabled Vietnam Veteran and wore a shirt and cap to show that I am proud to have served my country. This place is no longer on my list and i hope that others will beware of these hidden extras in a so so diner.

2  Thank Terry S
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Place has been in Keene a lo g time. Breakfast and lunch are cheaper then dinner. Food is basic and just ok.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Stopped here for dinner one evening. Nice quiet restaurant with lots of choices. I had the stuffed seafood platter which was excellent.

Been to The Pub? Share your experiences!