“Delicious Coffee and Accommodating Staff”

Prime Roast Coffee Co.
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Keene
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Cafe and small batch coffee roasting company established in 1993. We offer a full range of coffee and espresso beverages. Organic, shade grown, bird friendly and fair trade coffees are available.
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Stopped in while I was waiting for my take out to be ready down the street. I asked the barista what would be a good "cold decaf drink, not too sweet...maybe a little chocolatey". After a few back and forths, I settled on the Chai Cobb (chai tea, caramel, and white chocolate notes), frozen. HOLY MOLY WAS IT DELICIOUS! Not too sweet, not too bitter, just the right amount of iced deliciousness. And, it was true decaf (I have jaw issue and if the coffee isn't decaffeinated my jaw will swell to the point where I am uncomfortable), which made me SO happy. I asked to try their French Roast Decaf and another barista was super accommodating as her colleague was making my drink. I ended up getting a pound to take home. Thanks for a lovely drop in, Prime Roast Coffee! Now if only my take out was as good as the coffee.....

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I love coffee shops and this is a good one. Sonya and I stop every time we are in the area and have never been disappointed. Seating is a bit limited but it's not usually a problem. Parking can be difficult on bright sunny weekends during the summer but it's worth the effort.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Having just returned from an extensive time away, coming to Prime Roast is such a great reminder of why I live where I do. This is the quintessential personal town experience. I love coming here. Kudos in all dimensions: for the excellent coffee (definitely try the Papua New Guinea if you're into dark roasts), warm ambience, and always the friendliest and most efficient staff. Well worth the visit. You'll leave feeling far better than when you arrived.

Emily L, Manager at Prime Roast Coffee Co., responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

By far, the best spot in Keene for a good cup of coffee or delicious home made pastry. Staff is always consistent, friendly and helpful. There are all coffee wizards and can whip together a delicious concoction. The owner always seems to be making small batches of homemade goodies- that are always worth getting! Best part is, whether you are in there for 2 minutes or 2 hours, you walk away smelling like a winner (fresh pots)!!!

Emily16Main, Manager at Prime Roast Coffee Co., responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review. So glad you have had great experiences at the shop!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped for coffee, I don't really drink it so I was pleased to find a cooler with juices and sparkling waters but my boyfriend was even happier with the coffee selection and the incredibly low prices. The staff were friendly and wicked helpful, I'd suggest it even after a 5 minute experience.

Been to Prime Roast Coffee Co.? Share your experiences!