“Nice Try, But It Misses the Mark”

Amicci's Italian Pizza
Ranked #12 of 108 Restaurants in Keene
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I should probably preface this review with the fact that I am a Culinary Nutritionist and I was born and raised in Southern CT and am, therefore, familiar with many different styles of pizza and many, many different Italian joints. Amicci's, unfortunately, missed the mark on taste and quality for our meal and we probably wouldn't go back.
First, the Pros:
Our order was correct, it was ready for pickup when it should have been, and the portions were large for the price. The staff was friendly and accommodating, as well, and the restaurant (though it doesn't have a dining room per se) was clean and bright. As far as the food goes, the ingredients were fresh (no stale bread here!) and the things we ordered looked appetizing and smelled good.
The Cons: I have never, ever in my life had such a salty salad. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some salt when appropriate. I ordered The Tuna Salad on a Salad so it's not like i wasn't expecting SOME salt. It was so salty, in fact, that I asked my husband and father-in-law (who has burned out taste buds) to try it to make sure I wasn't just being dramatic. They both coughed and sputtered and were blown away by how salty it was. My Father in Law asked if they had perhaps rinsed it with salt water...that's how violent the salt taste was. Needless to say, it was inedible. Fresh and delicious looking and smelling, but absolutely inedible. The pizza was....not good. There was barely any cheese to be found on the pizza at all, yet plenty of crust to go around. My husband and I both remarked how the meatballs looked like dog kibble on top of the pizza and, while we had a good laugh, it was not appetizing...even though it smelled delicious. Upon tasting it, both my man and his Dad topped out at 2 pieces and didn't want any more, even though they were still hungry. We also got a chicken parmesan grinder and struggled to find the cheese amongst the breading on the chicken and the sauce. The taste was decent, but my stomach wasn't having any of it because I ate too much salt on the salad so I had to decline another bite.
All that being said, the things I found fault with can be easily rectified or be someone else's personal preference for a delicious meal. If you go, I hope you have a better meal that we did:)

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Yum, this is my favorite pizza place in Keene. It’s a great place to grab a slice or two quick for lunch. My always always gets their steak and cheese sub.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Best food, easy delivery local. Can't go wrong with Amiccis. The food is beyond wonderful and a known favorite to my coworkers

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Food was ready when it was supposed to be. Pizza best I have had in many months. Glad I got a large.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Anytime I have pizza anywhere, I always wish is tasted like Amicci's. I generally only order a cheese pizza- as it is perfection. The sauce, I believe, is what makes this pizza! I literally could eat this everyday of my life! The owner is always there, working hard-which I think contributes to the quality of there pizza.

1  Thank xcountrychamp27

Been to Amicci's Italian Pizza? Share your experiences!