“Standard diner”

Timoleon's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 108 Restaurants in Keene
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Went on a Sunday after church for breakfast. Seat yourself. I sat at the counter with my paper. Waitress was very nice. I got the breakfast club which is what you’d expect—a club sandwich: 3 slices of bread layered with egg, sausage, cheese, and bacon. Only disappointment was the home fries. Waitress asked if I wanted onions with them and I assumed they’d be mixed in with pan sautéed potatoes. What I got was diced potatoes that were cooked in a fryer like French fries. As for the onions, they were just chopped, sautéed on their own then dumped on top of the potatoes. Bummer

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This is a nice little diner, very casual in downtown Keene. They serve breakfast all day, and have inexpensive diner-style meals in addition to an assortment of ever-changing pies. The coconut cream is great.

It’s really busy in the morning, but a late afternoon trip is nice and quiet.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Okay, it's just a diner. But there's just something about how sweet it is in it's own small-town way. The food is good, fresh, not at all greasy, and they make an omelette the way it should be made: thin, delicate, light - not a massive slab of aerated egg you get at commercial chains. I suppose you could call us breakfast semi-regulars - we go once a week - and the waitresses (whom I adore!) remember our "usuals" each an every time. We've made friends with the real regulars who occupy their standard positions at the old-fashioned counter, and we enjoy sitting in the window looking out on Main Street. Oh, and if you're a bacon lover who likes it super crisp,y like me, all you have to do is ask. They do it perfectly! One funny thing: It's called Timolean's "Family" Restaurant. I've always wanted to know what those quotation marks are implying!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

When visiting Keene for dinner at Luca’s, our favorite NH restaurant, we stay at the Courtyard nearby. This was the first time we had stayed there during the week, so it was the first time that we were unable to have breakfast at the Stage. So, based on reviews, we tried Timoleon’s. Everything was what one would expect from such a restaurant (one level up from a diner) ; good food, generous portions, standard breakfast menu items, attentive service and fair value. It is good to have a choice next time we are in Keene for breakfast.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Like you walked back into a 50's or 60's diner. Something you would see in the south. The food was just ok and the service was fine. Price was reasonable. Nothing special but ok to have a breakfast there. There is a Panera Bread like restaurant up the street some if that is more your style. Otherwise not sure there are many other breakfast options.

Been to Timoleon's Restaurant? Share your experiences!