“Ms l”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Celebrated New Years Eve at Waxy O'connors with 3 friends. This was my first visit and the place was outstanding. Love the layout of the pub and the decor. It was very busy as you can imagine but everyone there was friendly and comfortably having a good time with one another. The live music was great plenty of room to dance. The food was good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was a little overwhelmed but that's to be expected. This is a must do again at this location or anywhere else I find myself with a Waxy O'connors location.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

We stopped in one night for a late dinner, as everything in the area was already closed. We were greeted and brought to a table promptly. Our waitress was very friendly and took good care of us. I ordered the turkey club and my boyfriend ordered a burger. Both were good. The turkey club was definitely enough for two meals. Would go back again if we were looking for a quick meal again.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

We visited onThanksgiving Eve, our waitress was fantastic! The food was very good, the portions were large and the atmosphere reminded us of an actual pub we visited in Ireland.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I live in Keene and rarely go here. Great bar, great beer selection but the food, once again is poor. We ordered the mushroom melt and veggie nachos. The mushrooms were ice cold. I suspect they were frozen and they through them on the grill but they did not heat them through. The nachos were the blandest I have ever had. They basically had just cheese with no flavor and very few jalapeños and it came with just a small side of cream cheese - no salsa, no guac option. We were just going out for some drinks so had no intention of buying entrees - we knew they would be bad for the money, so opted for two smaller plates, alas, both bad. I just don't get this place, they must simply not care about improving their food or can't get any chefs who can cook. For those travelers staying in the hotel, do yourself a favor, go downtown and choose one of the many great places to eat. Just go here if you want to catch the game and have a vast array of beers to choose from.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

And I don't know if we had any consider a "House Specialty" so the food may be better. Now this isn't to say it was bad, heck should we be in the area, we would consider going back and trying something else (just for variety).

I had Irish Chicken Wings and my wife had a a plate of Potati Puff. We eat most everything in our plates, so I guess it wasn't that bad