“Still no improvement on the food.”
Review of Waxy O'Connors - CLOSED

Waxy O'Connors
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2016

I live in Keene and rarely go here. Great bar, great beer selection but the food, once again is poor. We ordered the mushroom melt and veggie nachos. The mushrooms were ice cold. I suspect they were frozen and they through them on the grill but they did not heat them through. The nachos were the blandest I have ever had. They basically had just cheese with no flavor and very few jalapeños and it came with just a small side of cream cheese - no salsa, no guac option. We were just going out for some drinks so had no intention of buying entrees - we knew they would be bad for the money, so opted for two smaller plates, alas, both bad. I just don't get this place, they must simply not care about improving their food or can't get any chefs who can cook. For those travelers staying in the hotel, do yourself a favor, go downtown and choose one of the many great places to eat. Just go here if you want to catch the game and have a vast array of beers to choose from.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

And I don't know if we had any consider a "House Specialty" so the food may be better. Now this isn't to say it was bad, heck should we be in the area, we would consider going back and trying something else (just for variety).

I had Irish Chicken Wings and my wife had a a plate of Potati Puff. We eat most everything in our plates, so I guess it wasn't that bad

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We went twice and no matter what we ordered it was sub par in flavor and over-priced. Most of it was way too bland. Service was slow both times.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

I booked a room at the Best Western in Keene NH for a college alumni get together in nearby Vermont. I was very pleased with the hotel. But I will not go in to that on this review. So I came to the hotel on a Friday and decided on Saturday night instead of being out with some of my fellow college alums that I would come back to the hotel and would eat at Waxy's to give it a try. I can see it is a real sports bar. Not a bad thing it has music as well that is a great thing. I had a club sandwich with french fries and a beer. Now I was happy with the sandwich and the beer. The fries were a little cold and soggy. Now I am really not going to complain about that. To me Fries are fries and I will eat them no matter what. As for my bill. No problem with the bill but I was a little surprised that I was not able to charge the meal to my room at the attached hotel. Now I know most restaurants at a hotel will allow that. Anyways it does not matter I just put the meal on my credit card. Other than that the place has great food.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Because I stayed at the attached hotel, I decided this the most convenient way to eat after a long day. Although I had tried it a year or so prior, I thought I would give it a second chance. Not much improvement.
I tried the green pea stuffed ravioli and had shrimp added for $5 extra. It was okay but nothing I would order again. The shrimp was a disappointment as I got 4 the size of my little finger for the $5 add on. I ordered take out the next two nights.