“Ok, but not outstanding”
Review of Waxy O'Connors - CLOSED

Waxy O'Connors
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2016

And I don't know if we had any consider a "House Specialty" so the food may be better. Now this isn't to say it was bad, heck should we be in the area, we would consider going back and trying something else (just for variety).

I had Irish Chicken Wings and my wife had a a plate of Potati Puff. We eat most everything in our plates, so I guess it wasn't that bad

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We went twice and no matter what we ordered it was sub par in flavor and over-priced. Most of it was way too bland. Service was slow both times.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

I booked a room at the Best Western in Keene NH for a college alumni get together in nearby Vermont. I was very pleased with the hotel. But I will not go in to that on this review. So I came to the hotel on a Friday and decided on Saturday night instead of being out with some of my fellow college alums that I would come back to the hotel and would eat at Waxy's to give it a try. I can see it is a real sports bar. Not a bad thing it has music as well that is a great thing. I had a club sandwich with french fries and a beer. Now I was happy with the sandwich and the beer. The fries were a little cold and soggy. Now I am really not going to complain about that. To me Fries are fries and I will eat them no matter what. As for my bill. No problem with the bill but I was a little surprised that I was not able to charge the meal to my room at the attached hotel. Now I know most restaurants at a hotel will allow that. Anyways it does not matter I just put the meal on my credit card. Other than that the place has great food.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Because I stayed at the attached hotel, I decided this the most convenient way to eat after a long day. Although I had tried it a year or so prior, I thought I would give it a second chance. Not much improvement.
I tried the green pea stuffed ravioli and had shrimp added for $5 extra. It was okay but nothing I would order again. The shrimp was a disappointment as I got 4 the size of my little finger for the $5 add on. I ordered take out the next two nights.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

While the beer and service were great, the bangers in the Bangers and Mask were cut in half from end to end. This produced a dry and flavorless sausage. The whole point of sausages is that the casing keeps the juices in during cooking. I would like to see the kitchen go back to cooking the bangers whole and serving them that way.