Best Western Plus Keene Hotel(Keene)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$101
US$92
US$127
US$111
US$117
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Carriage Barn Bed and Breakfast was very cozy and nice. Clean Rooms and a nice light breakfast. The owners were very pleasant and willing to do anything to make our stay pleasant.
The location in Keene is perfect too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lherrin
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the pleasure to stay at the Carriage Bar Guest House during a one night stay in September 2013 for the Clarence DeMar Marathon. Upon arrival, I was warmly welcomed by the two very kind owners who were accommodating throughout my stay. My room was clean, spacious, and comfortable with a queen size bed. The bathroom was also clean and comfortable (although yes, the shower was a bit small). The location is nice with a short walk to the magnificent downtown area (the town of Keene, by the way, was just fantastic). I do agree with a previous comment about the walls being a bit thin, although it was not problematic for me per se. I enjoyed the lounge area and the nook looked very nice (although I had to leave early and did not eat the breakfast).

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Carriage Barn Guest House and will stay again next time I visit Keene.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jon P
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A wonderful B&B. This was our second stay and we would stay there again. Clean, comfortable room and bed. Common area for reading, socializing, playing games or watching TV. Breakfast was simple but good (fruit, yogurt, cereal, breads for toasting, coffee, tea, OJ). But best of all was the hospitality of the owners Dave and Marilee. That's what sets a good B&B apart from a sterile hotel. They were kind, caring, interesting and good people. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Is it possible to get tired of giving good reviews?

This was another gem of a B&B that we happened upon during a 2 week trip around NE and another set of lovely, kind owners to boot.

Again, we just drove up and my wife was shown the room which was a charmingly appointed room with a fantasticaly comfortable bed.

Breakfast was continental and just fine for us although those with a bigger appetite may have wanted something larger.

Another B&B recommended and I make no apologies for another positive review!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JackRoy
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The owners are very nice, and careful who they rent to, so dont be surprised if she asks you why you are visiting the area. I had a friend who stayed here, and thought everything was great except bedroom walls are thin. They keep the place clean and like to get it done so dont make plans on sleeping late!

Easy to walk up center of town, and get to nearby Keene State College. Not really walking distance to a large Super Market, but if you have a car, only a five minute drive with no traffic. Lots of places to get something to drink up town, about a 10 minute walk up the street as this is the main street everything is on.

The house is a large white New England style house that has been updated and added on.

Shabby Chic

Room Tip: Room with own entrance to the parking area (first floor) that has its own bathroom and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo