“Very good place!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We were there last Saturday. This is the best place for families! New, clean and comfortable motel. Good customer service. You can rent some movies, it's good if you are with children. I would highly recommend this place.Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylwia H

Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is the best place for families! My family loves coming here for the pools, the hot tub, the park, the goats, the hayrides, the s'mores around the fire, and the ceramics. We have ceramics that go back YEARS that we have made. I love the grills behind because it is perfect for dinner after a long day at Santa's Village. This place is always clean and the staff is just wonderful. One year, my daughter's PJ bottoms got wrapped up in the bedding and we didn't realize it. I couldn't find her PJ bottoms that were part of a set. Then one day shortly after our visit, a package came in the mail with a note that they found her PJ's and they were enclosed. What great service! That was years ago, but my daughter still tells the story of how when she was little, they mailed her PJ's to her. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

No longer the Family Campground . Arrived Thursday night it was as beautiful as always....Were able to totally relax. Then comes the weekend and a certain state directly to our South floods in upon us. & No they were not camping yet staying in the motel which has 10:00 quiet hours (what the family Campground used to have and most family campgrounds have for quiet hours)....So needless to say they were pushed out of the hotel to continue to get drunk, blare music and use their native tongue profanity. Meanwhile it took two calls to the Manager prior to someone showing up just to have them shut the music down. Yet these Mass people (TA won’t allow me use there proper name)continued to shout their profanity and state they don't care they can do what they want as they bring their money here...We ended up leaving a night early and the manager knows
us as we have been coming for years. She shows more care to the drunks then the families. After 7 years of camping there we will not be back. This place no longer cares about the families or the nice quiet relaxation of family camping. She did nothing to keep us happy and that is truly sad! If you want quiet and some relaxation at night do not come here!!! By the way, beware of skunks all over the place and to have the staff joke about it! Two nights I awoke to a big skunk on my site..Luckily was not sprayed but it did spray close by and stunk all night!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday with great hopes for a 2 night stay. At about 11:45 pm we get woken to someone ponding in the door because of a fire upstairs. No one was hurt thankfully. The next thing is all the families waited in their cars at Santa's Village while hotel arrangements were made for all of us. We were told the hotel we would be going to was the Coos hotel and everything would be taken care of. At that time we asked about our Monday night stay and they said no worries everything from the lantern would transfer to the other hotel. We were very thankful and finally got checked in a little after 2 am.

The next morning at the Coos we checked before we headed to Santa's Village that everything was still okay. We were reassured all was well. When we finally returned back to the hotel and tried to enter our room the key card didn't work. When we went down to the front desk we were told they changed all the tenants from the fires keys and we're charging all of us way more money then the Lantern and the hotel didn't even have a pool. At that point we were stuck at a hotel charging more and the Lantern just washing their hands off all of us.

When we went up to the lantern they place was totally locked up. No one at the hotel, which I understood, but no one at the store cabin either. The place was a ghost town. We didn't even receive a phone call on the situation.

The Lantern Resort did a very piss poor job of taking care of their guest. This is the last place I would have dreamed of treating their guest like crap in a bad situation.

I have been here many times prior and was looking forward to a great experience with their activities. And very disappointed with the Coos motel taking advantage of a bad situation for their profit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank butterfly333002
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We have a small hybrid camper. We opted for the water and electric site. We also camped with our Daughter and Son in law and our three grandkids! So fun the campground was having Halloween so there was trick or treating, hayrides and a spooky forest walk with flashlights. So much to do the grandkids had a blast!!! Everything was so clean. The one thing I did not like was in the shower closest to the hotel there were lots of spiders, but luckily the shower stall was huge so I was able to avoid them. I would not recommend the Airstream food camper for breakfast. It took us almost an hour to get our food. It didn't seem to be organized too well. Luckily that happened on the day we were leaving. I still had the best time and look forward to going back again soon.

Room Tip: Not sure about the hotel part, but the campground is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!