All reviews hot tub petting zoo food truck across the street santa's village walking distance hay rides general store picnic tables kiddie pool goat bedtime story great playground kids and adults small arcade fun activities upper pool
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

No longer the Family Campground . Arrived Thursday night it was as beautiful as always....Were able to totally relax. Then comes the weekend and a certain state directly to our South floods in upon us. & No they were not camping yet staying in the motel which has 10:00 quiet hours (what the family Campground used to have and most family campgrounds have for quiet hours)....So needless to say they were pushed out of the hotel to continue to get drunk, blare music and use their native tongue profanity. Meanwhile it took two calls to the Manager prior to someone showing up just to have them shut the music down. Yet these Mass people (TA won’t allow me use there proper name)continued to shout their profanity and state they don't care they can do what they want as they bring their money here...We ended up leaving a night early and the manager knows
us as we have been coming for years. She shows more care to the drunks then the families. After 7 years of camping there we will not be back. This place no longer cares about the families or the nice quiet relaxation of family camping. She did nothing to keep us happy and that is truly sad! If you want quiet and some relaxation at night do not come here!!! By the way, beware of skunks all over the place and to have the staff joke about it! Two nights I awoke to a big skunk on my site..Luckily was not sprayed but it did spray close by and stunk all night!

Stayed: August 2017
5  Thank outdoorman2015
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday with great hopes for a 2 night stay. At about 11:45 pm we get woken to someone ponding in the door because of a fire upstairs. No one was hurt thankfully. The next thing is all the families waited in their cars at Santa's Village while hotel arrangements were made for all of us. We were told the hotel we would be going to was the Coos hotel and everything would be taken care of. At that time we asked about our Monday night stay and they said no worries everything from the lantern would transfer to the other hotel. We were very thankful and finally got checked in a little after 2 am.

The next morning at the Coos we checked before we headed to Santa's Village that everything was still okay. We were reassured all was well. When we finally returned back to the hotel and tried to enter our room the key card didn't work. When we went down to the front desk we were told they changed all the tenants from the fires keys and we're charging all of us way more money then the Lantern and the hotel didn't even have a pool. At that point we were stuck at a hotel charging more and the Lantern just washing their hands off all of us.

When we went up to the lantern they place was totally locked up. No one at the hotel, which I understood, but no one at the store cabin either. The place was a ghost town. We didn't even receive a phone call on the situation.

The Lantern Resort did a very piss poor job of taking care of their guest. This is the last place I would have dreamed of treating their guest like crap in a bad situation.

I have been here many times prior and was looking forward to a great experience with their activities. And very disappointed with the Coos motel taking advantage of a bad situation for their profit.

2  Thank butterfly333002
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We have a small hybrid camper. We opted for the water and electric site. We also camped with our Daughter and Son in law and our three grandkids! So fun the campground was having Halloween so there was trick or treating, hayrides and a spooky forest walk with flashlights. So much to do the grandkids had a blast!!! Everything was so clean. The one thing I did not like was in the shower closest to the hotel there were lots of spiders, but luckily the shower stall was huge so I was able to avoid them. I would not recommend the Airstream food camper for breakfast. It took us almost an hour to get our food. It didn't seem to be organized too well. Luckily that happened on the day we were leaving. I still had the best time and look forward to going back again soon.

Room Tip: Not sure about the hotel part, but the campground is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1  Thank Kristin S
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This was our second year returning to the Lantern Campground. We stayed 8/8-10. To say it was great is an understatement.

I requested one of their pull-thru sites when I made my reservation and was pleasantly pleased that they assigned me #72 directly across from the steps to the pool. It was a nice location to be with our 10 year old grandson. The site is nice and large and even thou it was next to the pool we had no problem with folks intruding on our space. My only concern was that while the pad for the trailer was nice and level the rest of the site was on a slope and it was difficult to put our chairs around the fire pit without tipping over.(which I did)

The Lantern is a beautifully landscaped and extremely clean campground. The ladies room is spotless. There were 3 girls in there cleaning every morning. Thank you girls for a job well done! It is appreciated.

The laundry/game room is also spotless and in my opinion a nice idea. I was able to do our laundry and keep my grandson occupied in the same location. I was, I'm sorry to say disappointed in the dryers. I had to use 3 cycles and my clothes were still damp.(The first and second ones from the left and it was Not an over sized load) Because of this I was still there when the girl came to lock up and told me she would let the boss know about the problem. I did take my things and bring them back to finish the next morning and the dryer I chose this time worked better.

We used the upper pool and it was extremely clean and well maintained. There are plenty of comfortable seating options from sunny to shady, which I appreciated.

We also enjoyed the ice cream social.

The Lantern is a nice family oriented campground run by a friendly, conscientious crew. Keep up the great work.

The Ciesluk Family from MA

2  Thank ddebpoke
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This is the most beautiful RV resort we have ever been to. The grounds are beautifully groomed, with beautiful flowers throughout the campground. The bathrooms are always clean. The pools are well maintained, and best of all, WARM. The staff is really friendly. Our family have been coming to this campground once a year for the past 10 years. And next year we are planning on adding another trip making it two times a season. Excellent job Danny, on maintaining the beautiful flowers

The Daigneault Family

3  Thank Davedaig
LanternResort, Front Office Manager at The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you have made us part of your families vacation for 10 years. That is awesome. We love seeing our guests year after year and are excited that you will be adding a second getaway with us next year. Have a great rest of your 2017 and we will see you in 2018!