“Parson's Pub”

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Jaffrey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Great dinner and service at the pub. We ordered two wines and neither of them are good and he quickly exchanged them for a better wine, the food also was excellent highly recommended. A year later visited again and the food and service is exceptional and friendly

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The food was fresh and nicely presented. The menu was limited. I had salmon and my husband had pot roast. His portion was small.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Called for a reservation and left a message as requested. They said they would call back, but never did. We called to confirm an hour before our reservation time. "Oh, we didn't check the messages". Said something about not knowing their password. They could accommodate us however. We were a family party of six celebrating a birthday. Arrived at 6:30 and were seated right away in the dining room that was full. Quick to take and deliver our drink orders, but then waitress never showed again for 30 minutes. When she finally came we gave orders for two appetizers which came about 15minutes apart. Still no one took our entree order until we finally asked the girl pouring water to have our waitress take our order. My husband ordered the pot roast. Twenty five minutes later the waitress returned to say they were out of pot roast. So he ordered the filet, which was ten dollars more. We had arrived at 6:30 and by 7:45 we still did not have our meal. We also even had to get up to ask for the bread. Finally the restaurant manager, who happened to be eating with friends at a table near us (rather than supervising the dining room operation), asked us if there was a problem . We told her our problem, she went to the kitchen and came back with the excuse that my husband's filet was holding things up because he had ordered it medium well. This was at 8:00 and still we did not receive our meals until 8:22. At the same time the table of six next to us who arrived 20 minutes after us was being served their dessert. The filet arrived, a very small end cut that had been sliced in half to make it look like it filled the plate, and it was badly over cooked. The other meals were served then in stages over a period that still took ten minutes. Those meals were of good quality. As we left the hostess asked how our meal had been and I told her we were not at all happy. The manager then approached me and asked me what the problem was. I told her we had to wait almost two hours for our meals. She asked me it she could do something for us and I asked what she would suggest. She said she could give us a $25 gift certificate which we may or may not use. It was a totally unsatisfactory evening.

1  Thank MIMI3151
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Dining on the porch is everything you could want in pre-WWII New England atmosphere. Add the Portuguese mussels with a glass of wine and you are set for a satisfying evening.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

We had a reservation for our party of eight with a request to be seated at a table where we could watch the persons playing the piano and singing (Saturday PM). A table was waiting for us when we arrived - and the food/service was excellent. Everyone in our party was pleased, indicating the hope that we would return again in the future! It is well worth the trip from Keene!

1  Thank tomrcks