All reviews my husband and i steam shower private hot tub piano player fairlawn suites arden building surround sound dining room meal package meal plan new england main building gas fireplace north conway get away no elevator fondue
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I have stayed at The Wentworth many times for both work and with family. They continue to upgrade the inn and add new touchs that make it a very memorable place to stay. They have many unique rooms - many with hot tubs on the balcony (nice after a hike or skiing), and they are all very comfortable and well furnished. The restaurant is also excellent, with creative dishes all the time - and it has been excellent over the past 15+ years that I have visited. Jackson is one of the prettiest towns in NH, and the Wentworth is the best place to stay there!

Room tip: I like the rooms in the outbuildings with hot tubs.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Brian:
Thank you so much for this most recent visit to The Wentworth and for your complimentary review on TripAdvisor. It is guests like you that making owning and restoring a beautiful old building such as The Wentworth so rewarding. Next week I start some renovations in the dining room so you will get to see that your next visit.
Thank you again for such loyalty to our hotel.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Wonderful service, a great location, and outstanding accommodations, as always. Prior to check in, we hiked up to Arethusa Falls near Crawford Notch. Difficult with the snow and ice, but well worth it, especially once we jumped into our oversized hot tub at The Wentworth! We love the Fairlawn suites (although Thornycroft are also wonderful).

Room tip: The outdoor hot tub rooms (usually on your private semi-enclosed balcony) are well worth it!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for yet another visit and for your continued loyalty to The Wentworth which we truly appreciate. Our hot tub suites are great after a day of skiing, hiking or golf so after a hike as challenging as Arethusa Falls you certainly deserved one.
Thank you so much again and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My wife and I were in room #406 at the Arden Cottage. A beautiful room with a king size bed. We totally enjoyed the oversized jacuzzi tub. The tub was our own private escape from the outside world. Located right off our bathroom, it was an easy 10 steps from the bed into the jacuzzi. Fabulous! We loved every minute of this alone time. The four course dinner meal included in our package was delightful. Warm, by candlelight, our server took care of delivering a delicious meal. Kudos to Chef Brian. Breakfast was delicious as well, with both cold and hot choices. I rate this inn excellent and would highly recommend to couples who need some relaxation.

Room tip: Rooms with a jacuzzi.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you so much for this recent stay in room 406 and for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of TripAdvisor. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed everything about your stay and I will be sure to share your compliments regarding the food with our Chef, Brian Gazda.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The Wentworth Inn of Jackson, New Hampshire is a wonderful place for enjoyment, recreation, fine dining and an all-around good time! The attention to detail shown by the entire staff is a reflection of the commitment to excellence from the Innkeeper … Ellie. My wife and I spent an entire week there in the Thornycroft Suite – an outstanding room with all the trimmings of a superstar hotel … gas fireplace, surround sound speakers in all rooms, including the hot tub room and bathroom. Steam showers, a heated bathroom tile floor, and large flat screens in three rooms! WOW. Four Seasons … eat your heart out! What was even more spectacular was the meticulous attention that Chef Brian Gazda showed to our dietary needs. We spoke with him and Ellie in the weeks ahead of our trip about the importance of accommodating our vegan preferences. They committed to meet our needs and did so at all breakfasts and dinners that were included in our rate. Every breakfast and dinner was unique and flavorful, and protein substitutes like tofu, seitan and tempeh were well integrated into extremely tasty dishes. The Chef even prepared a delectable chocolate mint vegan birthday cake that any non-vegan would love! Very few inns or hotels have worked so hard and been so careful about meeting our dietary requests. My wife and I cannot speak more highly of everything about the Wentworth. The place is homey and non-pretentious, with a flair of sophistication and verve. We will definitely be returning.
An added bonus … we enjoy cross country skiing, so the easy access to the magnificent Jackson Cross Country Ski Center trail network was a plus. Step right outside, cross the street and within 100 yards … you’re skiing. Who could ask for more!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
EllieKoeppel, Owner at The Wentworth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

It was truly our pleasure to have you stay with us for the week and I enjoyed my time chatting with you and your family. I have to be honest but we were a bit nervous prior to your arrival as seven different vegan dinners and breakfast can be challenging, especially during such a busy week. Chef Brian can be a bit of a perfectionist so he put a lot of research into it. One of the best parts for me was being able to try each dish that Brian put out for you each evening and I have since bought myself a vegan cookbook and am enjoying experimenting with this type of cuisine at home, so thank you for that.
Your review was very rewarding to read and it will be shared with every member of my staff and of course with Chef Brian in particular.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you for a return visit.
Ellie

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Wentworth to celebrate Christmas! We were there for one night and enjoyed a turkey delicious turkey dinner and cocktails. The bedroom was elegantly decorated and the bed was super comfortable! The best part was the private hot outdoor hot tub attached to the bathroom. The room had a huge king bed, fireplace and I also enjoyed the speakers that went throughout the room. You could listen to music in the bathrooms or in the hot tub!
The only downfall of this elegant, historic hotel was the crowd. The average guest age was late 60’s and somewhat cranky. Parking is also a challenge because the spaces were limited and too close together. Another guest wrote a nasty note on our car because we were parked too close but we didn’t have any other options.
The hotel staff was gracious, very friendly and accommodating and let us have a late checkout at noon. We really enjoyed our time at the Wentworth.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to celebrate Christmas, it is always a very special time at The Wentworth with the snow, Christmas decorations, Christmas trees and our very popular Christmas Carolers. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your guest room and your turkey dinner and thank you for recognizing my great staff. I apologize for the lack of parking you experienced, with the amount of snow we had and a very busy time parking can be challenging at times.
Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.