All reviews presidential suite dining room madison room murder mystery weekend my husband and i gas fireplace white mountains new owners wrap around porch steam shower surf and turf daily specials the entire staff presidential range filet dining experience duck
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Twice we have been to the Inn for their Wines of the World weekend and enjoyed it tremendously. Hospitality, warmth, elegant surroundings, beautiful and well-appointed rooms, fine dining, fine wines, entertainment, and attention to every detail make a stay at Thorn Hill truly a pleasure. I have been especially impressed by the attention to detail, with "delighters" everywhere, from chocolate truffles on arrival in the room and robes provided that were not just terrycloth but had a touch of elegance, to my reluctance to unwrap a bar of soap and disturb the perfection with which housekeeping had made up the room.
Not only does the Inn provide excellence in lodging and dining, but Innkeeper Steve and all the staff make you feel like you truly belong, like family.
One recommendation: You may have a more pleasant stay if you choose a room in the main inn instead of one of the cottages, especially if the weather is expected to be chilly or otherwise less than ideal.

Date of stay: November 2018
SteveKateyInnTeam, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Richard and Leslie;
Thank you for a return Wines of the World Weekend visit, all the small details you mention are perfect reminders to us all that even they matter as well! Considering you both as friends we were pleased you did have the opportunity to stay with us in the Inn this year and Annie did not again miss a beat in presenting the Wine pairings and seminar.

I personally enjoyed the laughs and conversation including that whilst you were here in the White Mountains, I was in your hometown for part of the weekend doing a food demo - only to make sure we all had a delicious Saturday Wine dinner together to culminate the weekend. Your compliments made our day and we appreciate it.

Cheers, I know we will be having you back sometime in 2019 and in planning - here are my Nashua dates for the upcoming tasting season in your hometown; 1/26, 2/23. 3/23. 4/27, 5/21 and 11/23....I will be sure to feature something you will enjoy when I visit!

Have a special Holiday Season,

Annie and Danny, Steve, Nancy, Shannon with Erin and Anne Marie - your dining team

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with friends. I got the Monroe room. It was lovely. Steve was wonderful and so attentive to us. Dinner was out of this world and breakfast was just as good. It was a beautiful place to relax, sit on the porch, dink coffee, and watch the birds. I wish I lived closer, I'd go back again in a minute.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Kathleen:
Thank you for bringing your friends up from Plympton for a Girl's Weekend - we appreciated the return visit and as fellow birders; look forward to sharing laughs, conversation and good food for your friends' and yourself. Your dinner package will always be available and when not showing on our website, give Nancy or myself a call to plan your return trip. Next visit you may want to try out the Mt. Washington Suite?

Have a great holiday season and thank you again for choosing our Inn and home,

Steve, Katey, Nancy the Innkeeper and culinary cast led by Christian

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at The Inn at Thorn Hill for one night in early October this year. This hotel was the standout of our trip. A beautifully appointed room, spectacular views, excellent restaurant and staff. I highly recommend this hotel nestled in the heart of the White Mountains. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Bruce;
If our memory serves us right, you were in the Mt. Washington Suite and the fall foliage was as stellar as one would wish for. We thank you for the visit and these kind words of our team. Here's to the VT/ME repeating performance from our Inn to the next as well, your schedule was to hit all the good stops.
Thank you very much for the opportunity to serve you both this Fall, it's what we love to do.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,
Steve, Nancy the Innkeeper, Dwight our King of Clean and Anne Marie

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night as part of our road trip around New England! It was very welcoming and the inn keeper Nancy was very helpful! The accommodation was ok but expensive for the standard. Rooms smelled a bit musty and carpets could do with being replaced and the bathroom updated. Decor also very old-fashioned. Breakfast was very nice and the outside view was lovely. Overall nice stay but felt it eat too expensive compare with our other stays for the quality of accommodation.

1  Thank RosGrass
SteveKateyInnTeam, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Richard and Rosslyn;
Welcome from over the pond, we are happy you enjoyed your stay, all the way from Dorset UK! Although you stayed during the height of our rainy week; we recall you complimenting your Webster room throughout your visit, and with our new carpeting, we were saddened to read they didn't earn you five stars. Trusting you enjoyed the massages and overall stay we hope to see you back in 2019 when you return to America for another Holiday abroad.

Here's to a wonderful winter for both our homes!

Sharonette, Queen of Clean, Steve, Nancy the Innkeeper and the entire grounds crew

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

The owners are dedicated to their guests every need. Attention to detail, sincere concern for their guests enjoyment makes the Inn at Thorn Hill an absolute must.
The main Inn is lovely, beautifully appointed, has every amenity possible and the food in the dining room is divine!
Afternoon tea/coffee (with a different homemade treat every day) in the spacious sitting area adds to the friendly relaxed atmosphere. We stayed in one of the cozy cottages out back-private, yet close enough to participate in the fun activities at the main Inn. The staff are as charming as Nancy and Steve. We’ll definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

'Extraordinary' Guests make our days the best! We are happy some of the smaller details added up to a wonderful fall visit for you both. Our cottages are very popular in the fall where private decks beckon a last glimpse of a bear or even fall foliage to sweep off them! Thank you for making our Monday with your kind words and we welcome you back anytime you wish to unplug and recharge!

Nancy the Innkeeper, Breakfast Guru Chris and Spa Director Ms. Jessica