“Add another top review to the Carter Notch Inn”
Review of Carter Notch Inn

Carter Notch Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Jackson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I visited Jackson NH this past January and during our visit stayed at the Carter Notch Inn. All the past reviews have summed it up extremely nicely. The innkeepers, Dick and Sally, were wonderful hosts. We stayed mid-week and rented one of the tree house rooms. Both were available for our duration and Dick let us pick which one best suited us. The hosts provided a friendly and warm environment. Sally provided some wonderful breakfasts and company. There was plenty of comfortable conversations to be had with the hosts and the other guests. Jackson is pretty small and this B&B is fairly close to the center of town. This will be our B&B of choice when next we return.

Room Tip: Room 6 was the room we ultimately choose. We had our choice between this one and room 8, but we lik...
1  Thank Enjoy_NH

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Each winter my sister-in-law and I stay at the Carter Notch Inn for a weekend of cross-country skiing and enjoying the beautiful Jackson area. I've also stayed there during the summer with my husband. Each time (seven stays?), it has been a lovely experience - welcoming and comfortable. I'm already looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Carter Notch Inn last week - gorgeous setting - it was wonderful! The hosts, Dick and Sally, are very warm, relaxed people - great sense of humor! They had excellent ideas of where to dine and things to do in the area. The breakfast were incredibly good and so filling. We can't wait to go back again soon!

1  Thank denise22765
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I made a return trip just this weekend and it had been over a year since our last visit to the area which was way to long. Everything was just as wonderful as on prior trips and the owners Dick and Sally are top notch innkeepers and gracious hosts; it's no wonder Carter Notch Inn has been ranked as best for so long. I recently learned I have some food allergies and I let them know ahead of time and happily found they were extremely accomodating which made things so easy for me. The inn is beautiful and immpecably clean, it's a warm cozy place that invites relaxation. So many details add to a great experience; amoung them the delicious breakfasts, afternoon cookies and tea, a warm fire, the fabulous hot tub on the back deck, and the family pets Dudley and Lulu. Dick and Sally know the area extremely well and can help you to plan your activities whatever they may be; we typically have our days planned before arriving but have always valued their input on the local restaurants. If you're planning a trip to the area, this is the best place to stay.

4  Thank JPotter
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed at Carter Notch this weekend and had the best time. Loved the room, the breakfast, the cat, the wine and meeting other guests. Everything a top shelf B & B should be. Hope to be able to find a vacancy to stay again in the future!

Didn't know about the hot tub that is open til 10:00 - bring bathing suits if interested.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 - nice view, nice gas fireplace, just up the stairs, private bath.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
1.6 km away
6.6 km away
Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
0.1 km away
Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club

Been to Carter Notch Inn? Share your experiences!