All reviews complimentary wine new england hot tub white mountains other guests perfect hosts front porch my husband and i golf course old friends bed and breakfast cross country skiing living room each morning breakfast was delicious b b's jackson falls
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I made a return trip just this weekend and it had been over a year since our last visit to the area which was way to long. Everything was just as wonderful as on prior trips and the owners Dick and Sally are top notch innkeepers and gracious hosts; it's no wonder Carter Notch Inn has been ranked as best for so long. I recently learned I have some food allergies and I let them know ahead of time and happily found they were extremely accomodating which made things so easy for me. The inn is beautiful and immpecably clean, it's a warm cozy place that invites relaxation. So many details add to a great experience; amoung them the delicious breakfasts, afternoon cookies and tea, a warm fire, the fabulous hot tub on the back deck, and the family pets Dudley and Lulu. Dick and Sally know the area extremely well and can help you to plan your activities whatever they may be; we typically have our days planned before arriving but have always valued their input on the local restaurants. If you're planning a trip to the area, this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JPotter
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed at Carter Notch this weekend and had the best time. Loved the room, the breakfast, the cat, the wine and meeting other guests. Everything a top shelf B & B should be. Hope to be able to find a vacancy to stay again in the future!

Didn't know about the hot tub that is open til 10:00 - bring bathing suits if interested.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #2 - nice view, nice gas fireplace, just up the stairs, private bath.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed in the Carter Notch Inn in late October 2011, just before the bad snow arrived, for one night as part of a road trip through New England and down the East Coast. This was one of our favourite stops, because of both the B&B and the beautiful scenery. Dick and Sally are great hosts and we enjoyed meeting the resident animals. We had a lovely afternoon out walking around the village and the falls and buying a souvenir from the Raven Wood Curio Shoppe, before driiving to the Shovel Handle Pub for a meal - then relaxing in our lovely comfortable room with a bottle of wine for the rest of the night. One of the highlights of our stay to for was seeing the family of beavers down at the local pond (ask Dick) - we had moose, bears and beavers on our wildlife list for the holiday so at least we got to tick one off! We will definitely stay here again when we return to New England, but would book at least two nights this time as we'd like to take in some more of the surrounding area - it's beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pandkuk
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Sally & Dick were the most attentive hosts and Jackson was the most "Christmasy" place I've ever been. We both loved it and can't wait to go back. Mr. Dudley (woof) and Ms. Lulu (meow) were an added bonus too.

Room Tip: Room 5 is closest to the hot tub and has a summer porch! Room 8 has it's own loft jacuzzi tub, fireplace and balcony!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

My husband and I just returned from the Inn...we have been visiting for many years during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and it was perfect, as always.

Sally and Dick are so warm and welcoming. All of the details- the nice fire, the great company of the other guests, the yummy treat jar, spectacular rooms and awesome breakfasts are what keep us coming back year after year. The Carter Notch Inn has really become the standard that we measure other inn's by.
I recommend room 6 or 8- those are my two favorites.
And, if you don't know the area well, Sally and Dick will take care of you with providing all local insider info with maps, etc. They are very special people and you really feel like a very welcomed guest in their home.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple