“Beautiful views, and scrumptious food”

Walter's Basin Pub or the Basshole Pub
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Holderness
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We shared loaded chips for an appetizer.
Tons of cheese, some jalapeños, and sour cream on the side. Yum they disappeared quickly. Three of us got fish, and my husband got a Cobb salad.
Reportedly the trout and salmon were awesome, and my husband very much enjoyed his Cobb salad. My fish and chips was a golden brown melt in your mouth large piece of haddock.

Service was fast and friendly despite the fact we showed up for an early New Year's Eve dinner without reservations.

We sat by the windows, and cold see the frozen pond bathed in the moonlight.
All in all a lovely evening!

2  Thank Bealeave

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Big portions of heavy food. I did not care for the mussels at all--in a heavy sweet sauce and did not taste fresh. My husbands burger was fine. Salads were pretty good, but big, so I should have just stuck with the salad as a meal and skipped the mussels.

2  Thank Suzanne R
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We ate at Walter's Basin after taking the Experience Squam boat tour of Squam Lake. We had a table overlooking the lake so the view was great. The food was delicious and the atmosphere warm and cozy. Three of us had the seafood saute which was absolutely delicious. My husband had Elk meatloaf which also was very good. As with everywhere else we ate while in this area I thought the prices were a little high but we would eat here again.

1  Thank LuckyPenny8
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were just driving through, on our way to Maine, and spotted this cozy looking place right on the water at around dinner time. We chose to eat in the bar, and got a window seat with a great view of the lake. The food was really really good. Kaley was our server, and she was great. She helped us choose a good tap beer, and was very attentive. If you’re in the area, definitely stop in, and give it a try.

2  Thank Timothy A
Reviewed 20 October 2017

The food is pretty good; tonight I had the vegetable risotto with scallops, which was the special, and it was delicious. The staff is friendly, but tonight I think they were understaffed, as our waiter was running around a lot. Having gone there several times before, this is not the norm. You can come by land or by lake, and coming by lake may be the primo reason to dine here, especially in the fall when the leaves are at their peak. Lunch here is worth is singularly for the incredible views!

1  Thank EWilson72