“Excellent Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Review of Inn Kitchen + Bar

Inn Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Holderness
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2018

For anyone who follows my reviews, you know I don't give out excellent to almost any restaurant we visit. It has to be exceptional to get this mark. We've tried to get reservations at the Inn off and on for a couple of years, but they are always sold out on weekends. Our 37th anniversary was coming up during a mid-week, so last month I made reservations for us. Success. In their comment section, I noted it was our anniversary.
When we arrived on a beautiful summer evening, the hostess greeted us with "Happy Anniversary".. lovely that she mentioned it. We were seated outside at a table for 2. The waiter arrived and asked if we liked Prosecco.. of course we do - "Well happy anniversary from us to you."
We chose mussels for our appetizer although there were many other tempting items on the menu. I wanted the lobster roll without the roll, so they served it on a lovely house salad filled with fresh greens, strawberries, pecans and feta.. finished with a light dressing... PERFECT. Hubby had the salmon with zucchini noodles, grilled artichoke and roasted tomatoes. Delicious.
We finished our dinner with their homemade ice cream sandwiches... outstanding.

They have a varied menu from more formal to light dining choices. I can't imagine just having a burger, but.....
Their cocktails are delicious and inventive.
Our server was attentive, but not fawning.. He was a super busy guy with many tables to handle, but we seldom waited more than a moment for him to swing by to check in on us.
We will definitely be back again.
To the owners and staff of the Inn - thanks for a delightful anniversary evening. A perfect way to celebrate 37 years of having the time of our lives.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The restaurant has great ambience and offers both indoor and outdoor seating.

Our server was excellent. Knowledgeable and very prompt but not overbearing. And he had a keen eye for detail.

The draw of course is the food. We had the cheese plate as a starter. The pairings of prosciutto, tomato chutney and honey with the three cheeses was spectacular.

I had a tuna dish and my wife had a seafood medley which came out piping hot and very flavorful.

Desert was a simple ice cream cookie but it did the trick nicely. They have a very nice wine selection as well. We will very likely be back.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

This is the type of place you walk into and say, I want to live here!! It is absolutely stunning. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The food was phenomenal. It is expensive, but you are paying for top quality cuisine. I went to dinner with my parents and husband and we each got a different app, and main meal- so got to try a variety and it was all amazing. Reservations are a must in the summer!!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Inn Kitchen for an impromptu dinner. Steve our host gave great suggestions and knew the menu inside out. He also said that the menu items could be adapted to suit my allergies.

When the food came out, not only did it look incredible, but it tasted out of this world. I really hope to eat here again as I can't imagine eating any better anywhere else! Thanks so much!

I had the scallops...do it...you won't regret it!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I live locally and this is my FAVORITE place to dine. The food is fresh, locally sourced, and prepared exquisitely. Dining on the outdoor deck when it is warm out is so nice, but the inside looks comfy and cozy for when the nights turn cooler. I love a place that is passionate about the quality of the food and how it is presented. This place is on point. Make sure you have reservations as you probably won't get in without them. Last night of service is Oct 29. I'll be up once more before you close up for winter!

squamlakeinn, Owner at Inn Kitchen + Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate hearing from our customers. We do care about the food and experience at our restaurant and it makes us happy that you enjoyed it! We have some new items on our fall menu so hope to see you again soon!