Inn on Golden Pond(Holderness)
US$229
US$87
US$162
Hotels.com
US$101
All reviewsfire pitadirondack chairsprivate beachsquam lakecrystal clear watergift shopmain buildingget awaypicnic tablesnewfoundland dogsguests gatherclass reunionlook forwardsized refrigeratorher daughternew mattressesdirectly across the street
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Six of us spent a weekend at Cottage Place on Squam Lake. We booked the lodge which had many clean bedrooms, two clean bathrooms and lots of rustic charm. There was plenty of space and seating in the Common Area to gather and eat and drink, The wine and food tasting was absolutely amazing! It went on for hours with the most delicious foods and wines to pair. Susan the Owner was extremely friendly with this amazing positive energy that made us feel welcome and happy to be there. Everyone we met was friendly and professional whose main goal was to make sure we were having a great time. I will be going back in the summer to try out one of the charming cottages. Highly recommend for large family gatherings or a private weekend away

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
cottageplace, Owner at Cottage Place on Squam Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write down your experience with us. We loved hosting you and grateful to the Common Man Restaurant and David Haley (wine expert) for partnering with us to offer the experience. So glad you will be visiting us this summer!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This was our second visit for Newfember and again we had a great time! The extra effort Sue puts into the event is very welcoming! I love that I can take my dogs to a place that allows pets, AND is still very clean! Clean is the most important factor to me when staying anywhere, and Cottage Place definitely is! The full kitchen with dishes is so nice to have, so you can take your own food and not have to go out to a restaurant.
It was very quiet overnight which is also important for me to get a good night's sleep. Can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Suites are very spacious and have a full kitchen, like the Cottages. Different sizes for both are available.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelynn1262
cottageplace, Owner at Cottage Place on Squam Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our Newfember weekend - November 3.4.5 - we organize this package event for Newfoundland dogs and their owners every November and call it Newfember - it is always the first weekend and third weekend of the month of November. We are Newfoundland Dog enthusiasts and love seeing so many beautiful participants. We all know that November offers weather that Newfoundlands love! Thanks to you for taking such great care of our cottage while you were here - that makes it easier for us to be pet friendly and specifically newf friendly.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

They are pet friendly without any doubt !
You would never know that they are. So very very clean
Susan and her daughter are great !
Vintage cabins
Don't forget to go to Walters !!
And Squam Lake science center!
We will be back
Mike and Patty
Cabin 7

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
cottageplace, Owner at Cottage Place on Squam Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Mike and Patty - thanks for writing a review. We take our housekeeping very seriously and it does take extra time when we host pets, but that is why we have the pet fee of $20.00 per night. It always amazes me on how wonderful people take care of their pets when they travel with them. We have been pet friendly for 15 years and have had very few unpleasant incidents. We believe pets are part of the family.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Cottage Place on Squam Lake is our favorite place to stay in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. The staff, amenities, facilities, and location are wonderful.
The folks who take care of you at Cottage Place are friendly, available, and oh-so-helpful.
If you’re looking to relax, this is the place for you. Maybe lounge on the lovely beach or sit beside the courtyard fireplace. However, we encourage you to dive into Squam Lake’s crystal clear water, take out a kayak, paddle a canoe, and play with the kids on the playground. Cottage Place offers comfort with the opportunity for a taste of the outdoors. We cannot comment on a winter stay - yet. We intend to visit Cottage Place during this season in the coming months.
Cottage Place’s charming cottages and rooms are consistently comfortable and clean. We have stayed in each. They are also pet-friendly, and our dog seems to enjoy them as much as we do.
Finally, the location is lovely and very convenient for exploration into other parts of New Hampshire’s beautiful Lakes Region. Or, if you find yourself simply staying on site, Cottage Place in itself is delightful in every way, indoors and out. Don’t forget to look for that Bald Eagle that soars above the lake!

Room Tip: My tip for choosing a good room: book one at Cottage Place. You will soon find a favorite. After three visits, I have three favorites.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
cottageplace, Owner at Cottage Place on Squam Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You certainly enjoyed all that we have to offer and we cannot wait for your return this winter. We love all the seasons here at the Cottage Place on Squam Lake - Evans Cove will freeze by the third week in January and that expands our front yard for hiking, snow shoeing, cross country skiing and snowmobiling. The cottages become even more cozy in the winter as the fire places create that wonderful warm glow and comfort of old fashion wood heat.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

My husband and I decided for the 1st time to stay close to Squam Lake. We always go to the White Mountains, Wolfeboro or Alton Bay but this was our 1st time to The Cottage Place on Squam Lake and will not be our last. I just feel in love with the cottages here and the entire property. This location is ideal, as we took up our Harley and were able to tour Squam Lake region and also the White Mountains!

Our cottage was just perfect! Plenty of parking, adorable cottages, very clean and comfortable. We even had our own grill and picnic table. They private lake front is just about 50 feet from the cottage we stayed in and I could see the lake from inside our cottage! The beach front was amazing! I was even able to take my paddle board out for a nice foliage tour!

The property also has a shared Bonfire pit - which was wonderful to meet other guests that were there enjoying their stay! Sue the owner is just fabulous and I found myself chatting with her for quite a while and felt that I could have talked with her for hours! Sue is so welcoming and you can tell she loves what she does!

One of the other great things about The Cottage Place is that it is Pet Friendly! So our Jack Russell Bentley was able to come along with us!

I cannot wait to return! I feel that we just found our new favorite location in NH!!!

Thank you Sue!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
cottageplace, Owner at Cottage Place on Squam Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you Rosemary - it was a great pleasure to host you and Marc and Bentley. I especially loved watching you guys out on the boards in the middle of our cove with the beautiful foliage back drop - wish I had taken a picture. Will next time. We cannot wait to host you again, Sue