All reviews indoor pool the owner other guests room was clean degrees skiing slopes fireplace iron
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We just stayed here for one night with another family. We had two pool side rooms. We had a great day at Pats Peek skiing and stayed over night here. You can walk right over to the mountain from this motel. The owner was super friendly and great to talk with. The rooms were clean and the kids enjoyed the pool. No frills but had everything we needed. Thank you for the great stay from room 19.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
hennikerlodge, Owner at Henniker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you very much Cassandra! We're glad you had a good time and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because we were attending a wedding at Pat's Peak and the entire wedding party was staying at the motel. This is definitely not a place we would ever usually stay, as I am a total germaphobe and clean freak. This motel is extremely outdated and just odd in general. Our room was inside facing the pool (which is also inside). The door to our room was sliding glass doors which were also the only window, so we either felt on display with the drapes open, or claustrophobic with them closed. Since we knew basically everyone else staying in the motel, we went into several of the rooms. All the rooms by the pool were terribly musty and damp, presumably from the pool, so a friend and I purchased some febreeze at the grocery store a few miles away when we went for some snacks and beverages for our rooms. It helped some. I performed my usual checks on the bed and bedding and was pleasantly surprised to find them thankfully very clean. The bed itself however was very hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom was very clean also. The couch definitely had an odor and felt icky (from the damp air I previously mentioned, I assume), so I didn't even sit on it, and I can't attest to whether or not it was comfortable.

If you are a lady getting ready here for a wedding, good luck. The lighting in the rooms is terribly dim and unhelpful for such an endeavor. There's also not many outlets, and no counter in the bathroom to set any items you might need for getting ready. The bath towels seemed very small to me, and I'm an average sized person. The mini fridge in the room was nice to have, as well as the microwave. I didn't use the wi-fi, so I can't comment on that, and we also never used the pool, so I don't have an opinion on it either. The front desk guy was extremely nice, and the motel management didn't seem to care that our group stood out in the parking lot talking and laughing and just generally being loud until well into the night one of the nights we were all there.

So if you find yourself needing to stay here, you'll survive, but don't expect anything fancy. This place has a ton of potential and could be really quaint with some updating and airing out. The view from the front is also very nice, and a few people in our group remarked that it would be nice if there was somewhere to sit outside to take advantage of that view like down on the lawn area, instead of just hanging around the parking lot.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I love that this is not your typical city-type Marriott. The host is very friendly and accommodating and the view is awesome. Indoor heated pool with a view, fireplace, WiFi. It's unique enough without being weird.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pbmorrow9
Reviewed 31 May 2017

The location of this motel is great if you're a skier, and worked well for me, since I was going to a wedding nearby, and the price was very reasonable. Tim, the owner, was friendly and helpful. The room had a nice TV, coffee maker (even some decent coffee), microwave, iron, etc. Free, good WiFi and sufficient outlets. Unfortunately, the room was unpleasant in a number of ways. It was right off the indoor pool, and I'd guess some people would be uncomfortable with the chemical smell. The shower, sink, mirrors (see all black marks in picture below), baseboards, carpets, etc., etc., were grimy, rusty, and more. The clothes "rack" was falling apart, the walls were dented from a previous different-sized bed. The lighting was poor (which probably reduced how much the grime was noticed. So, for me, it gets 5 for equipment and a 1 for condition. Very functional, but not very nice.

Room Tip: See if there are rooms away from the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
hennikerlodge, Owner at Henniker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you very much Andrew for your review. We appreciate your comments and constructive feedback and took immediate action on the things you noted. I personally, along with our Head Housekeeper and Maintenance person, read your review as we walked through the room and were also dismayed by some of the conditions you noted. The baseboard heater photographed was beyond in need of "cleaning" and has been replaced. Same for the mirror. Many of the items you mention were able to be corrected that same day, but highlighted for us our need to focus on some of the more basic elements of our product. While we get caught up in trying to keep up with the "amenities" (Thank you for nice comments on the coffee, WIFI, TV's) it seems we failed miserably on the basics of ensuring a clean, decent looking room. And for that, myself and the staff are truly sorry. But we are appreciative of you bringing these issues to light and would hope you would give us a try again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

the motel is just at the bottom of the slopes so it's perfect in that sense. the place is clean and well maintained. We arrived , we were the only ones in the motel, our room on the ground floor ,so it was super quiet . By the time we left , we had guests above our room and we could hear everything...all the way to the squeaking of the box spring. Everything was ok for us up until that moment , especially when the small kids started to run around.
So overall it was what to expect from a motel, just make sure you are on the first floor !

Room Tip: first floor to not hear gusts above you.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
hennikerlodge, Owner at Henniker Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Thank you for your comments Nathalie. We are glad you found the Motel clean and well maintained, and we are sure the staff will appreciate hearing those positive comments. We are truly sorry you were disturbed by the guests above your room. Unfortunately, the weekend was quite busy and we had no option to move you (or other guests) around. We hope we have the chance to host you again and will be certain to arrange your accommodations in the most quiet room possible. Thanks again. We always appreciate hearing comments to help us improve.