All reviews wonderful suggestions plein air connecticut river valley host and hostess can't wait to go back gibson house susie workshop watercolor vt hosts summer retreat bradford sleep
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Beautiful B&B, Immaculate ,cozy and warm. The Host and Hostess were charming welcoming and could not do more to make us comfortable and welcome. The breakfast was fabulous - many choices , skillfully prepared. Going to our visit an annual event . Magnificent scenery and location.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My wife & I had a relaxing two-night stay at Gibson House this summer, as we visited and picked up our son from camp. We absolutely loved our stay. Our hosts Marty & Susie are warm and kind, plus they make an excellent breakfast (with lots of choices), which we thoroughly enjoyed each morning. Their home is neat, clean and immaculately decorated.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

my husband and I recently stayed here while picking our son up from a nearby camp. it's a terrific option--beautiful setting, a great view from our second-floor room, tasty breakfast in the morning, and everything ran smoothly. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful, and we'd definitely stay here again!

Room tip: the second floor rooms that look out the back have lovely views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I had a lovely visit to the Gibson House as part of a three day watercolor plein air landscape workshop taught by Robert J. O’Brien. Marty and Susie went out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable and well fed. The Lilac Room I stayed in was really unique, with hand painted walls and bathroom fixtures from the 1920s. The inn was built in 1850 and has lots of charm and beautiful pieces of art. The entrance hall has a gorgeous checkerboard painted floor and the breakfast room is lovely, with a porch view to the Connecticut River valley. Breakfasts were delicious and more than ample; nearby Bradford, VT has a first rate restaurant called Colchina Exit for dinner. The Wi-Fi was first rate and while there is no air-conditioning, it wasn’t needed at all. Nights are cool and it’s more than sufficient for a very comfortable night’s sleep to leave a window propped open. One night I heard a Great Horned owl calling. A wonderful stay with very interesting and accommodating hosts!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2018

My son and I stayed at Gibson House for three nights and we would not stay anywhere else! The Cohens go the extra mile in all areas including preparing a delicious hot breakfast and making sure our rooms are clean and comfortable. They are extremely knowledgeable about the area and made many wonderful suggestions of places to explore be it a covered bridge, local restaurant or swimming hole. I can't wait to go back!

Room tip: Rooms on the back of the house offer a view of the mountains