All reviews plein air connecticut river valley host and hostess gibson house susie workshop watercolor vt retreat sleep bradford
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I needed a place to stay in the area due to family reasons. I live in Scotland now and hadn't been in the area for such a long time I was happy to take my brother's suggestion of Gibson House. Perfectly placed on a main road - but with no road noise discernible - we were met by two friendly ladies who showed us around the premise, discussed breakfast arrangements and even offered to help take bags upstairs. As we were on the top (3rd) floor, it would have been a good idea to have accepted; it's a long hike up the stairs!

The room faced west and we had a lovely evening watching the sundown. In the early morning I was treated to seeing a fox calmly check the long garden walk and disappear into the hedge before we went down to a delicious breakfast. The dining rooms and 'front room' were a real step-back to my childhood and visits to my great Auntie's parlor.
Bathroom & shower were brand new and spotless; bed & bedding clean and comfortable. Consider it an adventure! but see that the window over the door has now got a curtain as I was kept awake by the hall light shining thru. Sleep mask solved the problem. Also there are no restaurants within about a 10-ish mile radius so bring a picnic or eat before you arrive.

Room Tip: Top floor ensuite..but only if they have dimmed the hall light, as it shows thru the window over the door.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
gibsonhousebb, Owner at Gibson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

We appreciate your review and are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Sorry that your hosts did not mention the four fine restaurants within five miles of us.
Your excellent suggestion of a curtain over the transom will be addressed with a new stained glass window. :)

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Nice innkeepers, lovely garden, exceptional food, but the Inn itself seemed like it needed refurbishing. Some of the rooms were nice but ours was a C-. No a/c. Parking was an issue since the Inn was at full capacity. The business room in the basement was small and dank.

Room Tip: The Bamboo room was lovely if only one occupant.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Patty B
Reviewed 20 August 2016

The Gibson House B&B is a delightful place to stay - the village is beautiful, the garden is a haven of peaceful nooks and Susie and Marty are the best hosts. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and I am still thinking about the French Toast stuffed with fresh peaches! Susie and Marty and all of their staff went out of their way to accommodate everyone's needs at the workshop I attended and the sunsets from the porch were an added bonus.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Perfect setting to get away and relax. Very comfortable accommodations. Stayed on the 3rd floor in Le Petite Chateau with modern luxurious bathroom. The Inn faces the Haverhill historic area with many well preserved old homes and brick town buildings. Walks there were wonderful. Marty and Susie responded to our every need.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Don't hesitate to come to the Gibson House. My visit was amazing! Susie and Marty do everything in their power to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The food is thoughtful and delicious.

My watercolor 4 day retreat with David Daniels was so fabulous that I can't wait to return and do this all over again.

So if you are thinking of coming here and taking an artists retreat class... Don't hesitate... Book it now before they're full!

Jcb