All reviews wonderful suggestions plein air connecticut river valley host and hostess can't wait to go back gibson house susie workshop watercolor vt hosts summer retreat bradford sleep
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Gibson House one night on our way to drop off my daughter at Camp Farwell. We LOVED it! Leslie and her daughter were our hosts and they couldn't be lovelier. The grounds are a dream and the sunset view from the back porch is magical. Rooms are huge and comfortable, and super clean. I can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 28 March 2016

My husband and I first stayed at the Gibson House in June 2009 during the weekend that we got engaged! We decided that weekend that we would return as our family grew-bringing each of our children back to what became such a memorable and special place for us.
Our room, called The Taj, was lovely. My husband first chose it because he knew that I would love the claw foot tub in the bathroom! It also has a beautiful western view and we enjoyed watching the sunset each night.
We requested the same room when we returned last July 2015 with our son, but all of the rooms seemed lovely, as we peaked in to all of them.
The house itself is absolutely gorgeous and very charming. Marty and Susie are truly lovely and we enjoyed talking with them. They made us feel right at home and very comfortable. They were helpful with suggestions for what to do in the area.
The food was great and I loved the fresh flowers on the breakfast tables. I have a very specific diet and Susie was very accommodating. Our 1-year old son also LOVED the cheesy eggs that she made just for him! And the fresh homemade muffins and breads were a favorite!
We are excited to return as our family grows! Hopefully sooner than later.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2016

My husband and I wanted to say how much we enjoyed our watercolor workshop at the Gibson House. We loved the variety of painting locations, the gardens, the porches, and the many indoor areas for critiques and group discussion. The atmosphere was inspiring; the meals were delicious; and Susie and Marty were always willing to accommodate our special requests. We look to our return this summer!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2015

The Gibson House offers itself as a wonderful retreat for artists and art workshops. I went there in July with a group of artists. The one thing I can say about the GH is that the food was good. The accommodations were not set up for an art workshop.They have no slop sink or any specific area set up for a studio. We created our own space on the back porch.There is no AC and the owners sort of made me feel like I was back in catholic school - chastising for opening a window, etc. Before you set up a workshop there, check out the facility and meet the owners.

Room tip: Good views are in the back, front rooms have road noise
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MASwamp
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Musty basement workspace with no sink and not enough table space. Desperately needs a dehumidifier. The whole place is poorly maintained and very cluttered and the food is good but very ordinary. The people are very nice until you try to open a window or draw a curtain to bring in some light and air. Or ask for your faucet to work. Same price and SO much better is Breakfast on the Connecticut in Lyme. Beautiful place.

• Trip type: Travelled on business