“Great Dinner and Atmosphere ”

Jesse's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was in the area for business for the first time and came upon this place after reading the reviews. The parking lot was almost completely full on a Wednesday night which is always a good sign. I ate at the bar as it was very busy and I was by myself. I had the red snapper and veggies which was on special and it was fresh and delicious! The folks next to me had the king crab legs and lobster roll which also looked delicious. The bartender was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant overall has a warm and friendly feel with nice decor. I would definitely come back if in the area.

Erin B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks Ana, for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Please come back!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

We thought the salad bar was good, as were the ribs. We also had an ok tuna. But nothing speacial really, for the price.

Erin B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We strive to "wow" our guests, and we are sorry this was not your experience. We hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We went here for our 6th anniversary, I ordered the meatloaf & the wife the tuna. She loved the tuna & my meatloaf not so much...kinda bland not much flavor. The salad bar was fresh & plentiful, the bread was warm & fresh & tasty vegetables..
I will go back & try something else on the menu ...

Anthony B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are sorry that the meatloaf was not pleasing to you, especially on your important day. We are grateful for this feedback and we will be sure to pass this information to our chef and the kitchen team. We are proud of our tuna, and we are glad your wife enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I have been eating here for years and when a place changes hands you always wonder will it still be the same. Yes! Our server was Beth and she made everything taste better, ask to be seated in her section! PS try the grilled meatloaf followed by the salted caramel ice cream sandwich!

1  Thank Jan51415
Anthony B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you so much for your comments! As the new owner, maintaining standards and the restaurants' reputations have been a top priority. I'm happy that we've retained our entire management team and nearly all of our other team members. Your continued patronage is sincerely appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

I visited the restaurant based on other reviews. I was disappointed in the steak. There was nothing wrong with it but I expected better after the rave reviews. The oysters were great. Service at the bar was also fine but not outstanding. I am visiting and will. explore other options next time I am in town.

Anthony B, Manager at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

I'm sorry that we weren't at our best when you visited. Our steaks are all USDA graded choice or better, age in house and hand cut by our team members. We grind our own hamburger daily. Prime rib is slow roasted overnight to a perfect rare roast. I hope that you will give us another try. I'm confident that your next experience would be more impressive. Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it along to our chef.