“Colossal crab legs were great!”

Jesse's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2018

My husband and I shared the colossal crab legs. Delicious! Wonderful waiter told us the colossal plate would give us enough to share and they gave us an extra baked potato. The table where we sat (might be table 81, not sure, was right under the AC vent so food went cold fast. Ask for a table where there is no vent blowing right at you. It was uncomfortable.

Anthony B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

I'm so sorry that you were seated under an AC vent. We should have been more thoughtful. Thanks for sharing this feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your crab legs and we hope to see you again, soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

This is a restaurant is between Hanover and Lebanon , near the medical centre , a beautiful building all by itself with parking ( you need to drive there ) We have been there many times through out the years , whenever we visit Hanover . This is a more refine dining experience there , although is very informal and service is very good . They have excellent steak , salad bar and seafood. , a crab festival on this month. The real reason for me to visit is the Prime Rib , this used to be a common dish years ago , but today , Jesse may be the only place in the area that offered this wonderful dish. . They did it perfectly Med rare for me with a baked potatoe , a classic ! Please come and enjoy

Thanks for choosing to dine with us. The prime rib is perhaps our best dish. We have a special oven that we use to slow roast prime rib every night. The oven keeps all of the juices locked in. We have it down to a science. It's so great to hear that you enjoy it.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

My Brother and I had a late dinner here after spending the day at Dartmouth Hitchcock with our Dad in the CCU.
Mark H. was our waiter and he took excellent care of us.
We both enjoyed a couple glasses of red wine. Started off with Calamari, and then our entrees. My brother had the New York and I had the Filet. Both cooked perfectly.
Thank you for a relaxing evening after a very stressful day.

Anthony B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thanks for writing a review. I'm sorry that you visited us under these circumstances and wish the best for you dad and family. Take care.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I hardly ever have less than a 4 Star review when I go out. I am truly hoping this was a fluke night and something was off. All the other reviews are amazing and I was so unimpressed that I checked a few times to make sure this was the same place the others were reviewing.
First off, the waitress was great. So she actually would get a 3-4 Star review, other than being very swamped and forgetting my baked potato that had to go back because it was slathered in sour cream when I asked for everything BUT sour cream.
So, we started off with the calamari and they were pretty tasty and cooked well. They were a bit greasy but that happens with fried foods sometimes. Then we ordered the pumpkin ravioli and snow in May (snow crab special-$36). Now, the pumpkin ravioli was my wife’s dish and she had a few bites and I was curious so I tried it. I got this weird flavor of sweet, then honestly..It was like a human vomit aftertaste. I thought it was me just being weirded out about pumpkin, then she asked, do you taste like a vomit taste? Yes, it either had a messed up concoction of ingredients in the filling or there was something wrong inside them!
I had the snow crabs and they were so small, and dehydrated they were almost embarrassing. The meat was dry and flaky, instead of moist and flavorful. I have eaten crab legs since I was a toddler and can’t believe they would charge $12 a cluster for them. I got the potato on the plate and immediately the waitress took it back bc it was wrong. It came out after the meal was done. I did try it though and it was over cooked.
I feel horrible when I have to write a bad review, especially when the other reviews are so high, but man...that was a really bad experience that I never want to have again. I really hope it was a fluke. A lot of money on really really bad food.

1  Thank Jenna R
Anthony B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

I'm so sorry to read about your recent experience. I assure you that we typically do much better. Please email me so that I can make arrangements for you to visit us again this month during Crabfest. We want to make this right. tony@blueskyrestaurants.com

Reviewed 25 April 2018

The service was great, food was served hot, plate look wonderful, and the taste was fantastic. Meeting was great also.

Anthony B, Owner at Jesse's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thanks for joining us. We have a second cook line equipped with a grill, oven and heat lamps. When we cook for large groups, we use this space and cook everything to order. I'm so glad that your food was served hot and that you enjoyed your experience. We appreciate your comments!