“Very nice!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2017

Was staying in Vermont for the holidays and decided and, on the recommendation of a friend, to go here for Christmas Eve dinner. It was delightful. This is a cozy, charming restaurant right off the Dartmouth College common, conveniently located. We enjoyed the outdoorsy ambience, with leather couches, canoes & paddles, lots of wood.

We got a drink at the bar (good service!) and our table was ready (the restaurant was full) and we had a lovely dinner, with something for everyone. My husband had a steak, my son a huge burger and I had a tasty gnocchi -- something for everyone. It was all good and our server was terrific considering that it was a busy night, a full place and also Christmas Eve. A true professional.

We'd never been there before so can't compare to how it was under previous ownership but we found much to like and would definitely go back again. Hope the local clientele gives the new owner a chance to get his/her footing.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Eaten here many times since it opened. Many. It has changed hands and clearly they are struggling, with poor results to show for it. I hope they figure it out.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

The menu, service and food is just not up to previous standards. The place was empty when we were there. My favorite is still the muscles with fries, aioli.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 22 December 2017

I have been a loyal fan of the Canoe Club since it opened! I’ve loved it! After three visits under new ownership, I now must look for a new Hanover favorite. The new owner is charming and the staff still warm and professional but the menu, quality and presentation of food have gone way down. I feel so bad! This place had it all!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

This is a cozy place for a drink or dinner with friends. Decent wines and appetizers. Charming location and atmosphere.

Been to Canoe Club? Share your experiences!