“Interesting”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day and Sunday Brunch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped in for an early weeknight supper. Felt a bit like being in the background as Mom got things ready for a dinner party. Fascinating and homey. Service was attentive and personable.

The Sesame Fried Shrimp were crunchy and sweet. Lamb Burger was moist soft with a slight chew but could have used a bit more creative seasoning. The quartet of cookie I took away satisfied my late night sweet tooth.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

When my husband and I walked into this establishment for lunch, it looked very nice! The décor was very chic, and the staff all dressed nicely. The staff were also very friendly, attentive, and professional.

However, I was not a huge fan of the food. I ordered their ham and cheese sandwich equivalent, and the sandwich was full of pork fat. My husband ordered the BBQ pulled pork sandwich...also full of fat. I was definitely expecting better quality, given the price.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

A friend and I went for lunch and had amazing lentils and poached salmon. My husband and I recently had dinner there and it is the best food we’ve had in Hanover. Unfortunately, the service is inconsistent, and sometimes poor. Also freezing inside.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This must be the third or fourth time that I visit this place and I am sorry to say that it has lost its spark. While the food is still good or even sometimes very good, my last visit revealed a lack of organization and poor service that even affected the quality of the food. While my tomato salad with burrito and steak were very well prepared, others got their meat slightly overcooked and coldish. Worst was the 40 minutes wait for the starters without any explanation or apology. And as we were a large party they had already charged a 20 percent service fee, which was far beyond what i would have liked to pay. As this was during graduation week, they had plenty of seemly happy costumers, so the owners may not care as they got the business they needed. But I do care and they should care if they want to keep their reputation as a very good product and quality oriented establishment.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I had dinner with my two daughters on May 17th at Market Table. We are in Hanover quite often, and I have always had good food and good service. This time I can't say anything went well. There was one wait staff ( a woman) serving all the tables on the patio and all the tables in the main dining area. We were not waited on at all for about 15 minutes. After initially ordering drinks, we didn't get anything ( not even water) for another 15 minutes. There was another waiter cleaning the coffee pots over in the bakery area, and he would come in and point out what she wasn't doing, but did not help her. My daughter had the Petite Tenderloin special and it was terrible- very tough and the vegetable side tasted of total charcoal. We could not get the one waitress over or we would have asked for something else. I feel badly for her, but management needs to know. We watched other patrons also walking up to the chefs and trying to get their food or their bill. This has been my go to place for several years, but now I am trying other places in town.

Been to Market Table? Share your experiences!