“Poorly Organized”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day and Sunday Brunch
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This must be the third or fourth time that I visit this place and I am sorry to say that it has lost its spark. While the food is still good or even sometimes very good, my last visit revealed a lack of organization and poor service that even affected the quality of the food. While my tomato salad with burrito and steak were very well prepared, others got their meat slightly overcooked and coldish. Worst was the 40 minutes wait for the starters without any explanation or apology. And as we were a large party they had already charged a 20 percent service fee, which was far beyond what i would have liked to pay. As this was during graduation week, they had plenty of seemly happy costumers, so the owners may not care as they got the business they needed. But I do care and they should care if they want to keep their reputation as a very good product and quality oriented establishment.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I had dinner with my two daughters on May 17th at Market Table. We are in Hanover quite often, and I have always had good food and good service. This time I can't say anything went well. There was one wait staff ( a woman) serving all the tables on the patio and all the tables in the main dining area. We were not waited on at all for about 15 minutes. After initially ordering drinks, we didn't get anything ( not even water) for another 15 minutes. There was another waiter cleaning the coffee pots over in the bakery area, and he would come in and point out what she wasn't doing, but did not help her. My daughter had the Petite Tenderloin special and it was terrible- very tough and the vegetable side tasted of total charcoal. We could not get the one waitress over or we would have asked for something else. I feel badly for her, but management needs to know. We watched other patrons also walking up to the chefs and trying to get their food or their bill. This has been my go to place for several years, but now I am trying other places in town.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Only been here for lunch and the sandwiches were good - not sure how it rates for dinner - not on the main drag and parking can be an issue

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

These folks know fresh and flavorful! I had the egg white frittata accompanied by a green salad both of which were divine, light and just right. She had over easy eggs with avocado slices and incredibly delicious multigrain toast. The latte was smooth and satisfying. Seriously, the quality of food actually left me feeling happy! Just from breakfast! I love this place and their commitment to fine food. Go there!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I had breakfast here with my daughter the other day. The coffee is strong and good. We had poached eggs on toast with avocado. It was cooked to perfection. The service was really good. When one of our meals came out without the avocado and I didn't catch it til after our server had left the table, the owner, who had been sitting nearby and overheard me, immediately went to the kitchen and brought me avocado. It's not an inexpensive meal, but it is clear that the food is really high quality, so it is a fair value Chic and sophisticated space. Thoroughly enjoyable. I would go back

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Market Table? Share your experiences!