“Service with a snarl”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day and Sunday Brunch
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We live in Hanover and really want to like this restaurant, since Hanover isn't overflowing with dining options. Unfortunately, they make it hard to like. This review is a composite based upon several visits.

First, the positives. Smart, "urban chic" decor. Great coffee. Excellent bakery.

BUT, the food in the restaurant is incredibly uneven. Some things are outstanding, others very disappointing.

The BIGGEST problem is the staff. The service is lousy, and many of the the waitstaff are unfriendly. They will never make even the slightest goodwill gesture when things go wrong. For example, on a prior visit my son ordered the hanger steak "medium."
It was literally raw. He sent it back, only to have it come back still largely uncooked. The third (and final time) it came back cooked like a piece of shoe leather. By that time, everyone else had finished dinner, so he just went with it. Was there even the most token gesture of "I'm sorry"? Of course not. The tone is probably set by the owner, who couldn't be more miserable. It's incredible to me that someone who is dependent upon the good will of customers could be so unfriendly and surly to her customers.

Date of visit: December 2017
4  Thank HM_from_NH

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I have been to this place a few times, and not disappointed one single time. From the daily salad, to bakeries or fancy dinners. It's a must-visit place.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

In a town with disappointing food choices, Market Table is a winner. I would gladly eat there again were it not for the rude staff. We ate there on a Saturday night at 8:15 or so; there was one other couple in the restaurant. When we were seated right next to them we asked for more privacy. We were given a dirty look and had to seat ourselves. After that it was downhill; the waitress was unfriendly. To top things off, the lights were turned off before we were ready to leave (we had been there for less than an hour). What training do these people have? Really disappointing!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank ronnie63_11
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Nice, fresh food for a decent price. Salad was a nice composé of different types of greens. Sandwich had excellent bread. Not jumping for joy, here. But no complaints either.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stopped in here to have lunch with our daughter who is an incoming Freshman. It was really nice. A little more healthy than I like LOL but it was really good. I had the mushroom wrap and it didn't disappoint, we all were happy with our meals. I didn't think it was too loud in there as some have said and we didn't have a problem getting an inside table either... I would go back for sure.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Market Table? Share your experiences!