“Response to review of "pull out sofa"”

Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed in Room 16 which has, what is called, a murphy bed system. What was we liked about this system is that during the day the queen size bed can be placed back into the wall unit which allows for more living space. Thank-you.

Room Tip: Room 3 and 16 both have murphy bed systems.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary B

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I grew up and moved away from the NH coastline a long time ago. For the past 14 summers, I have joined three friends, enjoying a long week-end reunion at the beach. Mostly we have stayed at the Seascape. A couple of times we tried other hotels but kept coming back to the Seascape at Plaice Cove. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. The location is excellent with a small, private beach across the street. It's close enough to walk to the state beach so that we can meet up with friends who are local to the area. There's a complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby or you can walk to a nearby restaurant for a heartier breakfast. There is a grill available for guests and a gazebo to sit under as well as other outside seating so that you can enjoy a bbq after a day at the beach. Most beach rentals are very expensive but The Seascape is quite affordable. This year we were pleasantly surprised with the updates and maintenance projects that have been happening there. A very good place, just getting better!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The owner was super accommodating to us. We were unable to come due to the hurricane but held our room for the next year! great continental breakfast! kids had a blast on the beach. will be back! My dog also love it here!

Room Tip: don't expect the ritz..you're on the beach!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joni T
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

When I first checked in I thought it was a cute place. I ran in dropped my bag and left to meet up with my family. When I returned back for the night I noticed what I was told I was getting a queen size bed was really a pull out sofa ok whatever so I went to take a hot shower and yeah..... No Soap!!!! I put my shoes on and went to the office to ask about this but it was locked up. Closed. I went to bed feeling a little upset that I could not even wash my hands. I got up early and drove home to shower. 154.00 Really? I went home and sent an email never got a response. I will never go there again. 154.00 for a pull out sofa and no way to wash my hands. Crazy

Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I went there for the 4 th weekend . I checkout after 1 night . I couldn't breath because of the musty / mold smell . I couldn't wait I come home and shower . " not saying it was dirty " they did offer me another room but I was disappointed and needed a shower and was scared to stay there any longer .. The neighbor came in and also said that it had heavy air ,Mold smell . :( sad day for me and my wife

Stayed: July 2014