“A place to lay your head”

Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We ended up in Hampton Beach on a whim. Not realizing what we were in for as we generally fly by the seat of our pants and book last minute. We had our dog with us and 98% of the accommodations even remotely near Hampton Beach are not dog friendly. Luckily we found the Seascape! It wasn't the nicest room; it was small and dated but it did the trick. We would stay here again as we are in the habit of bringing our dog everywhere with us.

Hampton Beach itself is a beautiful gem and I can honestly say that the entire atmosphere of the area leaves for some great memories. The Seascape isn't really close to the hustle and bustle but there is a nice beach in front that allows dogs and we didn't find the walk to the main beach 'that bad', though it would probably be too far for someone who doesn't enjoy walking.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa M

Reviewed 23 February 2013

I love this place. It is quite clean and dog friendly. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The owners are some of the nicest people. I have stayed at other hotels and you want to see dirty. Found trash under the beds ans peoples clothing. The Seascape inn is very clean. The best place ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MinnieMouse196052
Reviewed 30 December 2012

How anyone could say that this is a nice place is beyond my imagination. It must be that they are condo owners and want to rent their property. The motel has private condo owners that rent our their rooms through the hotel.

Dirty, outdated rooms from the 60's. . I feel a responsibility to let people know what a place this is. I rented based on the reviews..and then went there.

It is a geat location on the beach, that allows pets..beyond that a horrible place with weekly rentals of people that are pretty bad/sad. The rooms are outdated, dirty.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank outdoor75xs
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Friendly staff, just across the street from the ocean and dogs are tolerated. Guest BBQ and picnic table are an added bonus for at motel dining. I was told that other motels were more happening and in the heart of things but I welcomed peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have stayed in several different rooms in this motel in the winter time. The location is good, the beach is right across the road. If you want a chill experience that is good, however if you go 6 miles down the road there is alot more going on- more restaurants, bars and things to do, all along the beach.
The rooms are all owned by different people, so some are different from others. In my experience, room 3 (which is the model room) seems the most updated. The bed is a fold out couch, but its not the worst fold-out I've ever slept on.
Otherwise, they are in bad need of renovation. The showers are extremely small. The hardware is rusty & falling apart & the walls are stained. Otherwise the bathrooms are acceptable, besides being old.
The sheets may or may not be clean, but I have found hairs and crumbs under them. The blanket smelled like a dog in one room, but not all of them...which I guess is to be expected in a pet-friendly motel.
I requested my sheets to be changed (I stayed a week at a time) and I had to ask several times before it happened.
One time I opened the bedside table and found someones toenail clippings inside...no joke. They just dont clean thoroughly enough for my taste.
The airconditioning is wall units. Some are better than others. Since it was cold I used the heat, not the air...I either had the heat on & was sweltering, or the heat off and I was freezing.
The staff is a mixed bag. Julie is who I interacted with the most. She is nice & personable. I think her sisters name is Kelly. She isn't as friendly, but I definitely wouldn't say she's rude.

I'm not used to staying in motels, I usually stay in hotels, so I'm not sure how this compares to other motels, but if I had my druthers and was picking a place to stay on vacation, I probably wouldn't choose this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business